Europa League winner = Champions League spot?

Davebarbaren

Reaction score
As the title reads. Does the winner of the Europa League get a Champions League spot next season?

What happens if the Europa League winner already got a Champions League spot via league position? Does the Europa League runner up get the Champions League spot?

What happens if the Europa League winner already got a Champions League spot via league position? Does the Europa League runner up get the Champions League spot?

Didn't Wigan get a Europa League spot for losing the FA(?) Cup final recently?

I think so...

The question is - what if the team who was runner up also had already qualified...

I won the league and Europa cup in season 1 as Liverpool. The spot doesn't go to anyone else (Spurs were runner up and finished 6th) and played in the Europa the following season. However, Man Utd who finished 5th did win the Champions League meaning that England got 5 spots in that the following year.

Europa League winner gets into Champions League. This does not effect the 4 CL spots given through the league, and if the winner is already in the top 4 there is no extra spot given.

5th place is given a Europa League spot. The other two places are given to the cup winners. If the cup winners are already in the top 4 then the places are given to 6th/ 7th.

Champions League winner is the one that can affect the top 4 situation in the Premier league.
I.e if a team outside top 4 win Champions league then 4th spot misses out....I don`t know if this actually happens in Fm though?
It happend when Chelsea won it and Tottenham finished in 4th but missed out on champs league1