• Yes

Votes: 8 88.9%
  • No

Votes: 1 11.1%

• Total voters

GazaLaad

Reaction score
Walter Smith resigns
Ibrox was rocked today as Rangers legend Walter Smith decided to call it a day on his managerial career. Walter has said the board did not share his ambitions for Rangers as a club and that is the reason he stepped down as manager. Ally McCoist is the favourite to take over at Rangers with rookie manager Gary Bernard also in the frame for the job. The top five candidates at the bookmakers today are,
2/1 – Ally McCoist
5/1 – Gary Bernard
7/1 – Craig Levine
16/1 – Allan Shearer
25/1 – Paul Le Guen

Shock replacement
Gary Bernard was today announced as Walter Smith’s replacement at Rangers to the dismay of many Rangers fans. The fans favourite was Ally McCoist but instead they have a completely unproven manager in rookie Bernard. McCoist will remain as Bernard’s number two and McDowell will also stay on as first team coach. Bernard had a playing career with Wigan and Portsmouth before a freak injury halted his playing career at the age of 22.

Last edited:
“Dream come true”
Bernard has today told the media that being hired as Rangers manager is “a dream come true”. He also told the eager press,
“I am looking to bring in a few players and to maybe offload a few in the coming weeks, but it all depends of I can get the right player for the right money.”

Pre season plans announced
Rangers today announced their pre-season plans ahead of Bernard’s first season in charge. Bernard’s men will start with a tour of North Korea where they will play the four main clubs in the Premier Division which are; Pyongyang City, Amrokgang, Rimyongsu and Wolmido.
After the tour they will take part in the Ibrox cup along side; Roma, Shelbourne and Boca. Followed by a tough game against Roy Hodgson’s Liverpool.
Rangers wrap up their pre-season by taking on Welsh club Port Talbot before a final bounce game against Bernard’s under 19 squad at Murry Park.
Bernard will be looking to build his squad’s confidence and his reputation ahead of the upcoming season.​

---------- Post added at 11:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:51 PM ----------

Villain already?
Gary Bernard today shocked Rangers fans by releasing club captain and fans favourite David Weir. Bernard told Sky Sports,
“Weir is getting on a bit and he needs to be playing, I felt he wouldn’t get that chance here so I done the decent thing.”
Fans are calling for Bernard to be sacked after the releasing of Weir but the board are sticking by their new manager 100%.

New faces
Rangers today announced the signing of Mexican striker Guillermo Franco and English left back Michael Ball both free transfers. The arrival of Ball will fuel the rumours that Sasa Papac is on his way to West Ham for a reported £1,500,000 a move that would not impress Gers fans after the departure of fellow defender Weir just a few days earlier.​

---------- Post added at 11:58 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:54 PM ----------

North Korea Tour
Rangers arrive in North Korea ahead of their four game tour in which the players will want to impress new manager Bernard and try to earn a place in his starting eleven.

Pyongyang City 0 Rangers 4 (Naismith. Franco. Lafferty. Weiss)

Good solid win for Rangers had lots of chances and controlled the game.

Amrokgang 1 Rangers 4 (Jelavic x3. Miller)

Another good performance with 17 shots on goal for the Scottish champions.

Rimyongsu 0 Rangers 4 (Miller. Naismith. Davis. Little)

A great first half but poor second half with too many wasted chances for Rangers.

Wolmido 0 Rangers 5 (Miller x2. Naismith. Lafferty. OG)
Rangers produced a fine display of attacking football to end their tour with a 5-0 win.

Bernard told the media as his team left North Korea,

“I am very happy with our tour. To score 17 goals in 4 games is an amazing record and I couldn’t have asked for anymore from my players.”

When asked about a player of the tour Bernard simply replied,

“Steven Naismith”

---------- Post added at 01:50 AM ---------- Previous post was yesterday at 11:58 PM ----------

One in one out
It was announced today that Rangers have sold backup keeper Neil Alexander to Premier League giants Man Utd for a fee of £1,500,000. Alexander had been second choice to McGregor at Ibrox and felt the need for a new challenge. Just hours after the sale Rangers announced that they had signed young English keeper Alex Smithies from Huddersfield for a fee of around £700,000. Smithies is touted to be a star for England and also has the backing of Rangers number one Alan McGregor who told Rangers News,

“Smithies will be a star here, I am glad to be able to train and play alongside such a talent.”

---------- Post added at 01:53 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:50 AM ----------

Ibrox Cup Weekend

Rangers play Shelbourne in the Ibrox Cup today with the winner playing the winner of the Boca and Roma match for the honours of being Ibrox Champions and the chance to be asked back next season. Bernard will want to win this competition to keep up his 100% pre-season record.

Rangers 5 Shelbourne 0 (Miller x2. Bougherra x2. Beattie)

Rangers demolished Shelbourne today as they show there class and just to prove their dominance Rangers had an amazing 32 shots on goal.

Boca Juniors 0 Roma 2

Roma set up a final clash with Rangers after beating Boca 2-0. Rangers will have their chance to show they mean business this season by playing a Champions League team in this friendly competition. First though Boca will play Shelbourne in the third place play off.

Boca Juniors 4 Shelbourne 0

Boca Juniors destroyed Irish champions Shelbourne to take third in the Ibrox Cup.
Final
Rangers 2 Roma 4 (Naismith. Edu)

Rangers were taught a lesson by Roma, they were too slack at the back and need to improve their defence massively.
]​

Good start her pale, maybe a few more images would help.

Bernard vs. Hodgson

Rangers today welcome Roy Hodgson’s Liverpool to Ibrox with the 4-2 defeat to Roma still ringing in there ears. Bernard told the BBC,
“I was very disappointed with the Roma game. We were shocking at the back and that must change if we are to do well this season. Today is a chance for my boys to prove it was a one of against a very good Liverpool side.”

Rangers rumbled again

Rangers 1 Liverpool 3 (Miller)

Rangers were defeated again today by a strong Liverpool side at Ibrox. Miller gave the Gers the lead but it wasn’t enough as they fell to their second defeat in as many games. Bernard was unavailable for comment after the match.

Rangers want Ji

Rangers boss Gary Bernard has today told the press he would love to sign South Korean youngster Ji Dong-Won. Ji Dong-Won currently plays for Chunnam in the K League but not for much longer of Bernard gets his way.

Reading to Rangers

Rangers today announced the signing of youngster Simon Church on loan from Reading. Rangers paid £100,000 upfront and can buy Church for £1,600,000 anytime during his loan spell. The signing of Church will be seen by many as indication that Ji Dong-Won will not be allowed to move by current club Chunnam who sit 6th in the South Korean K League.

Welsh Wounded

Rangers 5 Port Talbot 0 (Church. Weiss. Edu. Bougherra. OG)

Rangers showed they can play as a strong unit as they defeated Welsh club Port Talbot at Ibrox today. Rangers were under pressure after defeats to Liverpool and Roma but they won and won well here with new signing Church scoring a great solo goal.

Link announced

Rangers today announced a link with Premier League champions Man Utd. The link will help Rangers get fringe players from Man Utd on loan which in the long term will benefit both clubs. Chris Smalling is rumoured to be on his way to Ibrox for a season long loan.

Bernard happy to see his whole squad

Rangers 3 Gers U19 0 (Jelavic. Lafferty. Papac)

Bernard today saw his first team totally outplay his youth and will be happy with his squad going into the season opener with Kilmarnock at the weekend. Bernard will have to pick two strikers out of the three that is in form for the game at Ibrox and its widely believed that Miller and Jelavic will be his preferred choice for the coming match.

Smalling arrives​

Chris Smalling has arrived at Rangers from Man Utd on a season long loan. After the link between the two clubs it had been reported he would end up at Ibrox and now he is looking forward to playing and training with his new team mates. Smalling has revealed he wants to win trophies in Scotland and he sees Rangers as the best team to do so with.

Rangers announce link with Dundee

Rangers were today announced as crisis club Dundee’s parent club. Rangers will be able to send young players out on loan to Dundee to get first team experience and to try and help Dundee avoid relegation from Division 1 after a 25 point deduction. Andrew Shinnie, Jamie Ness and Dylan McGeouch are the players to arrive at Dundee from the SPL champions.

Bernard on his first competitive game in charge

Bernard today gave an interview to Rangers news about his first month in charge of the SPL champions and his upcoming competitive debut.

Reporter – How would you say your pre-season preparation went?
Bernard – I am happy with the results in pre-season especially the tour of Korea I felt the team bonded well and I got to know the players.
Reporter – You signed a few free players are you happy with your signings?
Bernard – I am very happy with the players brought in. Due to the clubs financial state I knew it would be difficult but I am happy and so are my team.
Reporter – How are you feeling about facing Kilmarnock tomorrow?
Bernard – I am confident we can win the game if we stick to our game plan. We have the superior squad and we really should be beating teams that will be fighting relegation come the end of the season.
Reporter – So you think Kilmarnock will struggle this season?
Bernard – Yes. Kilmarnock don’t have the right structure in place to do anything, they need a manager that can get the best out of players Mixu is not that type of manager.
Reporter – Thank you and good luck for the match tomorrow.

Looks good, a few pictures would help, even just screenshots of some games as people can become bored with just reading text...

I will follow though, good start KIU!

i will follow, mabye use some pictures, or screenshots to make it more appealing but looks good so far.

like the above, screenshots now and again and some pics:) Im a celtic fan but Im gunna follow:)

Check out my Morton save its pretty good:)

I'll follow due to it being Rangers. Story's a bit weird though I dunno how to explain, Don;t use screenshots but I'd maybe use some pics of things like players celebrating goals. Maybe even things like Rangers Website Header at top or something. But good start nice couple of signings ;)

Nice Start mate but as everyone has said images would make it better.