European Golden Boy 2014

Reaction score
So I came into January with the big awards coming up. I'm playing with Real Madrid and I was eager to see whom would take the European Golden Boy Award this year. The previous three winners have been Paul Pogba, Isco and Mario Götze. So some of the biggest talents in the world and surely this year would provide nothing less then that. My favourites was Raheem Sterling and Adnan Januzaj, so believe me when I say I was suprised to see this fella winning the award:

View attachment 312713View attachment 312712

A 7,79 rating, so rating wise a worthy player of the award. But is he supposed to be the future of world football? Highly doubt it. But have to admit his name is a name worthy of a worldclass superstar.

You'd think the game would take into account league they play in, 7.79 in Belgium isn't the same as 7.79 in Prem, La Liga etc.

It doesn't take in account the league always, Van der vaart won it at Ajax, my last 2 season both golden boys came from the Dutch league aswell.

The golden boy in my save has played in my team every year, now in 2018 lol.

Last 2 I can remember are Malcom and Vaclav Cerny

Alvaro Vadillo won it for me 1st season with Aston Villa.

Hmm that does seem odd. Should definitely take league into account. Van der Vaart won it some years ago at Ajax when the gap between the Dutch league and the big five was less than it is today so wasn't that odd then.

But seeing a player from the Belgian league winning it now is a bit odd.

In my current save Pogba won it (again) in 2014 and Depay just won it in 2015 playing for my Arsenal side.

Pogba is also in my Arsenal side now :D

First season with Porto, Quintero won it for me.
Was a beast providing heaps of goals & assists.
Was surprised that he won since he wasn't even mentioned as a candidate, but nevertheless no complaints...

Back