• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 443

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Manager Tony Pulis hails Stoke's first venture into European competition for 37 years as "a bit special".

More...

Well done to them and i would say he deserves manager of the year. Cant wait to see other European sides at the Brittania next season trying to defend Delaps long throws.

Be interesting to see how Stokes style of football matches up against the different playing styles of European teams.

It'd be interesting to see how their games are refereed.

I say this because in the English game, using strength is encouraged and obviously isn't a punishable offence, however just watching some Champions League games this season you can tell that refs have to accomodate to what other leagues consider 'fouls' and this will certainly be the case in the Europa League next year too.

I can see there being many occasions where Jones (among others) completely out-strengths an opposing player and is unfairly punished for it.

Good luck to them, in any case.

Tony Pulis never got the recognition he really deserved. Yes, they are not pleasing to watch but they are very effective and he has managed to stay in the league when no one gave them chance when they first came up. He has done excellent job and as Jacko said, he should be up there for the Manager of the year award.

---------- Post added at 01:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:18 PM ----------

Stoke to win Europa and Barca to win next year champions league, so that the match of the century that everyone was waiting for will be on cards.

Mighty Stoke Vs Barca, can Messi do it against Stoke? You will find out the answer..

Well done to them and i would say he deserves manager of the year. Cant wait to see other European sides at the Brittania next season trying to defend Delaps long throws.

Be interesting to see how Stokes style of football matches up against the different playing styles of European teams.

This. I have a feeling that he won't change his style too much.. I see there being two possibilities:

1. He won't change the style of football, but I think he may instruct his team to be more physical; to prove a point perhaps and show they can play with the big boys without being accused of kicking them off the pitch.

2. He'll try and change the style of football (perhaps without taking away the physical approach though) and they'll get slaughtered.

Brilliant manager, though however much I dislike him. Definitely a contender for PL MOTY but that shouldn't take into account his FA Cup run like Hodgson's Europa League run clearly influenced the decision for him IMO.

Back