Evaluating Key Attributes.

• Thread starter Thread starter iedmunds
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 2
  • Views Views 1K

iedmunds

Reaction score
Evening all,

When assessing whether you should/shouldn't sign a player based on their key attributes for the role you are looking to fill, for example, Poacher - Attack - Off the ball, Pace, Composure, Finishing etc. or for Centre Back - Defend - Strength, Heading, Positioning, Concentration etc.

What system do you guys use? The player must have say, 15 in EVERY key attribute (for High Prem teams) and work down the leagues, lowering the minimum key attribute rating needed for a player to be successful?

Or, do you look for a player who has outstanding heading, positioning, tackling for a defender, even though they may have below average strength, concentration etc.

Especially in LLM, most players will be only probably rated 8 or 9 if you use the EVERY attribute approach, but would these be more successful than those who have 14+ in some areas and maybe 5 or 6 in another?

Which approach is most popular?

I tend to look more at Mental attributes, especially in lower leagues. I've noticed that players with higher mental stats perform better.

Honestly, PPM's are more important to me. No point having a attacking midfielder with 18 finishing & long shots if he has "Looks to pass rather than shoot." Stats are only as important as how he fits into you're tactics. I'll always choose the guy with the inferior stats if his PPMs compliment my tactical vision.

Back