Ever lost your job because of a consortium takeover?!

Reaction score
Yeah - so im playing as St Mirren, first season. Sitting 6th in the leage after 13 games and in the League Cup Semi Final. Rumours have been flying about of a possible take over for St Mirren, which I was excited about until I saw this.

16lmyj6.png

There's now a transfer embargo been put in place, until it's been resolved!
Anyone else had something like this happen? Or even lost there job because of it!

Il be quite ****** off I do get sacked, Im performaning above expectations, and they just told me they was pleased with my performance..

Just once really, just avoid a losing streak or win about 50% of your games. Also helps if your rep is higher thant the clubs I think.

My reps unknown manager, I started as an automatic reputation. I should be alright I think, because George Burley just became the Hibs manager! Ha! But still gonna be ****** if they dont stick with me.

I haven't personally but I do know someone who was doing well with Wolves, then a consoritum bought the club and ****** him off straight away. I found it quite funny.

Looks like it's happen with me :\ Takeovers went through and he just told me that it was always his intention to bring a new manager in, he will inform me of my future shortly! Im 5th in the league and in the League Cup Semis! Bit harsh to sack me :\

I doubt he will sack you tbh, they always say it and like said above if you just avoid a horrible losing streak and keep winning they won't sack you :)

Steam achievement! "takeover survival!" - Yeah, that's right! He kept me as manager, close call there! Think the fact I just pumped Dunfermiline 4-0 might of helped.

My club was taken over and the incoming chairman informed me that hiring a new manager was always the intention (Carlo Ancelotti, no less), but "after much persuasion" I was kept and left with a £300M+ transfer budget. :D

happened in my fm11 save when Arsenal was being taken over, but i wasnt fired cause i was awesome and at the same time won the quadtriple too ;)

got sacked from Macclesfield, however they are already in administration only 2 months down the line and I have been offered the oxford job so **** them :D

think you rarely get sacked when that happens, just do it to scare you. Unless you're doing **** of course ;)

what excatly is a consortium takeover?? What budget does it give? what

Yeah - so im playing as St Mirren, first season. Sitting 6th in the leage after 13 games and in the League Cup Semi Final. Rumours have been flying about of a possible take over for St Mirren, which I was excited about until I saw this.

16lmyj6.png

There's now a transfer embargo been put in place, until it's been resolved!
Anyone else had something like this happen? Or even lost there job because of it!

Il be quite ****** off I do get sacked, Im performaning above expectations, and they just told me they was pleased with my performance..

To be honest, so was Sam Allaydyce at Blackburn untill they got taken over by venky's.

It's the life of a Manager and that's what this game is supposed to simulate.

Now if you want to stay as St Mirren manager after you've been sacked either wait a while untill that manager is sacked or just create a new manager and retire your old one and manage st mirren again. It sucks to do that but eh, what can you do?

If you pull off performances though you'll do fine.

what excatly is a consortium takeover?? What budget does it give? what

A Consortium pretty much means a group of owners and businesses. The extra money depends on who is in the consortium.
And Example of one would be NESV, now the owners of Liverpool FC.

I thought I was when I was receiving messages of changing the manager from the consortium all in the first few months of my first season with Newcastle. Thankfully I received a message of keeping faith and have built a pretty spanking team :)

In FM10, Liverpool got taken over by a consortium and were about to sack me for some manager, but they reviewed my job and said that the fans supported me too much.

Back