• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 702

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Everton come from behind to inflict a potentially very costly Premier League defeat on Manchester City.

More...

Haha

_52598994_robertomancini640.jpg

Meh. Man City still 6 points clear and I think they'll beat Spurs. Good that that means we can stretch gap tomorrow.. Not that I'm especially worried about them catching us but you never know with the way our season has gone.

Thankfully it's now mathematically impossible for Spurs to catch us or for us to drop out of the Top 4...

If Spurs drop points to Blackpool today, Liverpool are 1 point behind having played the same amount of games. Oo-er time Spurs fans - looks like it isn't just Arsenal who bottle it =)

If Spurs drop points to Blackpool today, Liverpool are 1 point behind having played the same amount of games. Oo-er time Spurs fans - looks like it isn't just Arsenal who bottle it =)

Quite a few Spurs fans, myself included, would prefer no Europa League football if we miss out on the Champions League.

Liverpool would be doing us a favour. Just need to hope Stoke win the FA Cup, so that 6th place doesn't qualify us.

Quite a few Spurs fans, myself included, would prefer no Europa League football if we miss out on the Champions League.

Liverpool would be doing us a favour. Just need to hope Stoke win the FA Cup, so that 6th place doesn't qualify us.

I'm pretty sure Stoke get 6 place's spot even in they're runners up.
****, I want the Europa League. It'll keep us seeded for the year afters competition, and we'll be much better prepared next season.

Love Spurs' winning mentality. I want the Europa League, like all Liverpool fans I have spoken to. It's a chance of a trophy which is what Liverpool Football Club is all about, success.

Love Spurs' winning mentality. I want the Europa League, like all Liverpool fans I have spoken to. It's a chance of a trophy which is what Liverpool Football Club is all about, success.

I dont understand why participating in the Europa League next season would be a bad thing. It can ruin your team's Champions League hope?

Not for Manchester City, it didn't. As for the number of games, the maximum number of games in the Europa League is 17, only if you win it. The maximum number of games in the Champions League, if you win it and start from the play-off round after finishing 4th in the Premier League, is 15. So the difference is only 2 games. What's the big deal?

When you factor in the money, Co-efficient points, and the pull when signing players, its a good thing to be in

City don't like playing Everton at all - didn't they beat 'em 3-0 earlier this season?

City to capitulate and Liverpool to steal 4th!

Heard it here first.

I dont understand why participating in the Europa League next season would be a bad thing. It can ruin your team's Champions League hope?

Not for Manchester City, it didn't. As for the number of games, the maximum number of games in the Europa League is 17, only if you win it. The maximum number of games in the Champions League, if you win it and start from the play-off round after finishing 4th in the Premier League, is 15. So the difference is only 2 games. What's the big deal?

When you factor in the money, Co-efficient points, and the pull when signing players, its a good thing to be in

Yup, youth players given a higher chance. If we do finish 5th then I expect the likes of Shelvey, Flanno, Robinson, N'gog, etc to be given more first team experience which is only a good thing. The only downside is playing on Thursdays and sundays.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

City to capitulate and Liverpool to steal 4th!

Heard it here first.

City need one point, and we need to win all our games! To be honest, with Tevez missing and them looking forward to the FA Cup, and their pretty hard run in, you never know!

Yup, youth players given a higher chance. If we do finish 5th then I expect the likes of Shelvey, Flanno, Robinson, N'gog, etc to be given more first team experience which is only a good thing. The only downside is playing on Thursdays and sundays.

---------- Post added at 09:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:36 PM ----------

City need one point, and we need to win all our games! To be honest, with Tevez missing and them looking forward to the FA Cup, and their pretty hard run in, you never know!

They need 2 if you score a few. ;)

I think Liverpool have a strong/good enough squad to handle both Europa League (which only really hots up by the QFs considering the amount of **** teams before that) and the League. Not a lot of money in it, but would also (possibly) have a chance to win it.

Same (sort of) goes for Spurs.

Absolutely. With the owners looking at signing 5/6 quality players and Kenny's determination to bring our young players through, I reckon we'll have enough for a push for top 4 and a decent Europa League run. Top 4 is obviously our priority next season however the Europa League is an opportunity of a trophy.

Back