3V3RTON1878

Reaction score
Hi,

Loving the new FM. I'm currently in my 3rd season with Everton. First 2 went ok (finished 4th in the 1st season, 10th in the second but won FA Cup and got to the CL 1st knockout round).

Finally, after a poor start to the 3rd season I've decided to create a completely new tactic from scratch that both suited my players and got me playing the kind of football I like. I wasn't expecting the success that followed! Currently 3rd at the end of January and if not for that poor start could be challenging for the title.

So, here is what the tactic looks like:

Everton_Tactics_Overview.png

My results this season:

Everton_Fixtures_Schedule.png

Everton_Fixtures_Schedule_2.png

I first started using this tactic after the 2-3 home defeat to Newcastle. As you can see, it radically changed my fortunes. Only two defeats, away to Man City and Chelsea, and the Man City match was quite even. I had more CCC than the opposition (by far) in most games, including the draws (I have used my second string in the EL by the way). The 1-1 away to Tottenham for instance, I created 5 CCC to their 1. Liverpool at home and Norwich away I completely dominated but they equalised in 2nd half injury time - I really should time waste sometimes!

My goal when creating this tactic was to both use my best players in their best positions - Barkley, Fernando and Benteke in particular - while also staying true to what Martinez is trying to do at Everton in real life. A lot of possession, high defensive line, high pressure and quick tempo (ok this last one is more personal preference than Martinez as we play a slower game irl).

By the way, I know I've tested it for less than a season but I've dominated most games so comprehensively that I'm sure I cannot come up with anything better for the players I have available. Which is also why I'd love to hear from you, to know if it's as effective for you as it is for me. Also, if you have any questions etc I'll do my best to help.

Here is the tactic:
http://www.sendspace.com/file/yk43ux

PS - Don't know how to remove that annoying attached thumbnail from my post!

Last edited:
Im liking the look of this! i will give it a test for you, im really looking forward to using everton ive tried since the beta was released to get a tactic for them i think my main save will be with them this year never used them before i would ask though, habe you had any luck moving the DM players into CM? i like having players in the cm places as i love to use will Hughes but i will download it and give it ago playing with everton right now :)

played first game against west ham won 3-1 the build up to the goals was exactly how i like, slow build up safe simple passes keeping the ball until an opening appears and then slip it threw to score 10/10 shots on target made 3 clear cut chances that my team took and scored, i like it after the first game well done!

Im liking the look of this! i will give it a test for you, im really looking forward to using everton ive tried since the beta was released to get a tactic for them i think my main save will be with them this year never used them before i would ask though, habe you had any luck moving the DM players into CM? i like having players in the cm places as i love to use will Hughes but i will download it and give it ago playing with everton right now :)

Haven't tried moving the DMs to CM yet, mostly because I'm happy with how it is right now. I want them right in front of defence both when we don't have the ball and when we start to build from the back.

Let me know if you try that change though. Have you played any more games?

Looks good, I'll give it a test. Could you tell me what Team Instructions you have picked?

Haven't tried moving the DMs to CM yet, mostly because I'm happy with how it is right now. I want them right in front of defence both when we don't have the ball and when we start to build from the back.

Let me know if you try that change though. Have you played any more games?

i went on to beat aston villa 4-2 they had more possession but i created more the i beat huddersfield in the COC 2-0 played mainly backups and youth and the i beat fulham 3-1 i batterd them, 70% possession for me, their goal was a glitch howard caught it then threw it backwards, just about to play crystal palace

just a quick update i tried to move the DM into CM and i was getting hammered by palace, i moved them back and the game swung the other way i won 2-1 lukaku is a boss in this tactic, 4 games 6 goals

Looks good, I'll give it a test. Could you tell me what Team Instructions you have picked?

Retain possession
Shorter passing
Work ball into box
Play out of defence
Play into space
Roam from positions
Hassle opponents
Get stuck in
Use Tighter Marking
Higher Tempo
Be more expressive
Play wider
Much higher defensive line
Play offside

These are the team instructions in the tactic available for download above.

I finished 4th (I suppose we got complacent after qualifying for the CL easily and some silly points at the end which cost us 3rd and maybe even 2nd place). Just started a new season, qualified for the CL group stage after beating Juventus in the playoff.

I've made a couple of changes. First: the regista is now a half back and the deep lying playmaker is now on support rather than defend. No major changes in the way I attack or defend, just seems to make more sense now like this rather than have the DLP on defend.

And I'm still not 100% happy with my defence (although I think the beta may be to blame as well) so I made a couple of other minor tweaks. There were two major issues: the IFs and the AM never tracking back, and the opposition often creating danger with through balls down the middle - probably because of my high defensive line combined with the high pressure. So I've gone from much higher defensive line to much deeper defensive line to try and stop those silly goals, and I've also stopped playing offside. The second change is not really a change as such - I've just started assigning players for my IFs and AM to man mark at the start of every game, usually the opposing wingers and their DM. First two games with these tweaks - a 4-0 win away to Villa and 3-0 at home against Liverpool!

Last edited:
just a quick update i tried to move the DM into CM and i was getting hammered by palace, i moved them back and the game swung the other way i won 2-1 lukaku is a boss in this tactic, 4 games 6 goals

Shame I never used it in the first season with him, although couldn't complain too much with Benteke who I've just sold to PSG for ?35.5 million! Lacina Traore is my new complete forward, so far so good.

Shame I never used it in the first season with him, although couldn't complain too much with Benteke who I've just sold to PSG for ?35.5 million! Lacina Traore is my new complete forward, so far so good.

Im planning to go in for Benteke, im going to play around with different striker roles though i love playing poachers but i dont how this will effect the tactic ill let you know

Will you release the tactic with the tweaks?

The tweaks are very easy to apply and everything is explained above so you can do it yourself. Sorry for not uploading (at least not yet), but I haven't had the time to test the tweaks further yet so it's rather pointless to upload it atm as the original one works very well.

Finished my first season using this tactic and its brought big success in the league finished top 4 with everton to get CL for second season, got me 2 good cup runs in the COC and FA cups both lost in the semis, lukaku the stand out player goal scoring wise with 30 goals in all comps in 35 games 27 in the league finished second top scorers bend RVP Baines was the top performer at the club with and end average rating of 8.10 and 15 assists 10 goals.

just starting second season not got a huge amount of money but im selling mirallas for 25million i cant turn that money down, ive brought in benteke and garath barry on a free, going to get luke shaw as baines replacement if i can im going to get fischer from ajax aswell then see if anyone else pops up :) i love this tactic its quality! thanks very much!

How does your advanced playmaker do stat wise? How many assists and goals in a season? I've tried many combinations and I just can't get my CAM to produce in a 4-2-3-1

Hmm not sure how you are in third place with this tactic.

I'm barely sitting in 10th.

good tactic

i'm first in french ligue 1 with lyon
my wibg back have 7.89 (lopes) and ( bedimo) 7.99 after 25 round