Everton agree deal to sign Distin

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 652

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Everton are set to sign defender Sylvain Distin from Portsmouth, with the Frenchman to undergo a medical on Thursday.

More...

Good buy, but they need more to try and stick it out with the top 6

Yes very good player i have always liked him and i think he will do well at everton

Good buy for everton but i think portsmouth need to stop selling their top players. They're definitely relegation candidates

Good buy for everton but i think portsmouth need to stop selling their top players. They're definitely relegation candidates

Yes but they have just been bought so i think they will start to buy now

But still, they have a job to do if they want to replace the kind of ability they have lost.

distin can be a bit dodgy sometimes though. last season wasn't his best and if everton want to push for the top 6 they need to sell up and stop buying mediocre players

A decent signing for Everton by no means the best they could get with the money made from Lescott going but still hes a decent enough player.

As for Pompy they need to act fast if they want to replace the players they have lost, Without a doubt right now they are relegation candidates and while they have been taken over they have until Tuesday to replace them, Thats gonna be a hard task as they have lost some key players replacing them would be a challange anyway but in the time left in the transfer window i think they will struggle to bring in the quality needed.

January is probably going to be key for Pompy, I really dont see them making many signings before that time, They need to get as many points on the board as possible and hope the owner gives them enough cash in January to bring in the players they are gonna need to stay up this season.

Yeh

Pompy aint looking good at the moment with all the players leaving i think its around 10 - 11 and only signed a few so they need to sign now or els they will be in the bottom 3 come jan and who will want to join them then even with some cash

dont get me wrong hes a good player but hes 31... well only get a few seasons outta him but ive never doubted Moyes so In Moyes I Trust

Awwwwh i thought he was signing for villa :( Still good buy for everton.

good thing is we still have all the lescott money, distin was using funds we already had, so was that russian winger.

Hopefully this will mean they stop pestering Boro with pathetic bids for Wheater.I mean they sell Lescott for 24 million then have the bare faced cheek to offer 6 million for Wheater lol, have a word with yourself Moyes.

Hopefully this will mean they stop pestering Boro with pathetic bids for Wheater.I mean they sell Lescott for 24 million then have the bare faced cheek to offer 6 million for Wheater lol, have a word with yourself Moyes.
wheater is not even worth 500k lol........... joke ha ha for one it would be madness for brough to sell wheater having already sold huth and 2 i think distin is a good signing in the short term and as cover just look at how well david weir and alan stubbs did for us in their 30s...coyb!!!!

wheater is not even worth 500k lol........... joke ha ha for one it would be madness for brough to sell wheater having already sold huth and 2 i think distin is a good signing in the short term and as cover just look at how well david weir and alan stubbs did for us in their 30s...coyb!!!!

to be fair wheater is a good player mate, so 500k is abit of an insult, however hes defo not worth anymore than 7 mil

Back