• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 1K

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Everton midfielder Mikel Arteta says he understands fans' concern about the club's lack of signings - and stresses they must keep their top stars.

More...

Watch this space Mikel. With Nasri going, you'd best keep an eye on SSN and hope Jagielkas name doesn't come up :S

I can't speak for Arsenal fans but Mikel would certainly do a job in their midfield...

Surprised they haven't been linked with him this summer, definitely a superb central playmaker who through injury has been overlooked in the past 18 months.

Thing is he doesn't want to play for Arsenal. For him it's either Everton or a Spanish club. Wants to return home at some point

Mikel Arteta will one day come home...Probably to Villareal.

I'm counting the days to be honest, can't wait to see him in Spain tearing the league up.

Mikel Arteta will one day come home...Probably to Villareal.

I'm counting the days to be honest, can't wait to see him in Spain tearing the league up.

Yeah it was either Villareal or Bilboa. Can't remember off the top of my head. Remember reading it in an interview

If Everton get the price they want for any of their decent players, they're gone. That interview by Kenwright with Blue Union should open the eyes of even the most deluded blue about just how deep in the **** they are financially. Problem is that everyone knows that Everton need to sell to pay off debt and maybe, just maybe, generate some income to spend on new players so it's in the buying clubs' interest to wait til the very last moment to go in for Everton's players and have a bit of a bargain.

Sad really. Everton are a big club. Three decades of mismanagement has wrecked them.

Lol quite ironic now since he was the star that left ;)

I can't speak for Arsenal fans but Mikel would certainly do a job in their midfield...

Surprised they haven't been linked with him this summer, definitely a superb central playmaker who through injury has been overlooked in the past 18 months.

Jamie the psychic!

It's quite funny how you didn't want him, but we're probably celebrating signing him in the end.

I would have done so in the same position, not as good as Mata, but definitely better than nothing.

Just wondering where the 3 decades of mismanagement **** came from in previous post near top of page. Total bollocks. 1st Division title, FA Cup winners, powerful team in 80s, Howard Kendall in charge giving us success, European football....
Would say past few years, not decades is when things have come to a head.

But I have nothing more to say on Mikel transfer saga. Can't really say more than that's already been said.

Back