Everton sign wonderkid Eric Dier?

• Thread starter Thread starter mrjack41
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 9
  • Views Views 3K

mrjack41

Reaction score
TRANSFER: Sporting Lisbon have confirmed on their official website that Eric Dier will join Everton. the terms of the deal are confusing at the moment - we're unsure whether it's a loan or a permanent transfer. More details to follow.

The highly rated 17-year-old is an Englishman who has spent his entire footballing development in Portugal, and has developed a burgeoning reputation as one of the top English prospects of recent years.

Featured in a high profile Umbro campaign for the "Next Generation" of England stars last year, Dier was expected to stay in Portugal and continue his footballing education before securing a move to a high-profile club in the future.

Dier is a boyhood Manchester United fan and made his unlikely switch to the Sporting Lisbon youth academy after his family moved to Portugal as a child.

Seems a decent source? Nothing on everton website as of yet

Probably a loan to see how he does in the U18s/reserves for 6 months with a view to signing him permanently in the summer.

Loan until the end of the season, I heard this guy was highly rated, but some months ago, Sporting sold half of his rights to a company I think, and for a paltry sum.

Just on SSN then, he should be training with first team or reserves, and play in reserve matches, we will probably have first refusal on whether we want to sign him up permanantly.

Here in Portugal he is said to be a really good young player, one of Sporting's best pearls.
Personally, I don't know if he is that good. Otherwise, Sporting wouldn't loan him. Their current situation doesn't let them give away any potential good player.

Its on loan, so he can play in a more competitive environment. Sporting won't sell him, he wants to play for sporting, he said so himself a couple of months ago.

So chill, the boy isnt going anywhere permanently.

Back