Everton Tactics by Gorstak

• Thread starter Thread starter Igneos79
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 6K

Igneos79

Banned
Reaction score
Hi there! I started a new game with Everton in English Premier League, and decided to try to make a perfect tactic for it. I looked at my players first.

Everton squad isn't very techically profficient, but they do have a few great players. Fellaini is perfect for an anchor man, Cahill as treq, we have a target man/poacher combo, and a few cover/stopper combos. My asisstant recommended 4-1-2-1-2, 4-5-1 and 442 diamond formations. I chalked off 451 because I couldn't use an AMC, and 41212 because I couldn't use wingers, and my CM's aren't the best. So that left me with 442 diamond. No players in midfield means we have to skip play through the middle and go with direct and long balls. Which means either counter or attack strategy. I decided to go with attack, just to see how much the boys are capable of. I had to leave out cahill, since using a treq at AMC means I need to have 2 CM's behind him or suffer breaking of my formation. Osman is good for a right winger, but I decided to spend some money on someone a bit better. My squad are mostly professionals, so I was looking for someone that would fit the bill perfectly. I went with Chris Brunt. That was my only purchase through the whole season. I didn't sell anyone either. So I made a tactic based on posession, accurate pasess and attacking strategy based on direct long balls. These are the results:

this was the tactic:

It was going great until clash with Liverpool. I trashed ManU 4-2! I was leaking goals, but I was scoring plenty so didn't worry about it to much. But after the clash with Liverpool, I decided to give my players a bit more creativity, and chose control strategy. Now I was winning by just a few goals, but I wasn't leaking any.

Anyways, I kept thinking about Cahill, and how I wasn't using him, I was constantly playing with Bilyadentinov as a an AMC playmaker. Before the match with ManCity, I created a new tactic, this time it was a 4411, Evertons natural tactic, with Fellaini pushed up into CM defend role, and Cahill as AMC treq. Result is above, and here is another interesting screenie:

The press called me a tactical genius! Well, there's a first time for anything I guess :D
Anyways, I'm posting all three of my tactics, so If you are playing with Everton, please give them a go. I don't vouch for other teams, though.
http://www.mediafire.com/?7lds7wk2wqo084g

Everton Diamond Control (Everton, Oct 2011).tac

4-4-1-1 Everton att (Everton, Nov 2011).tac

Last edited:
im going to give it a go, starting my 2nd season finshed 8th last season with my own tactic. Struggling to score with my strikers, so hopefully your tactics will get the firing!

Back