Everton Vs West Ham - 28/12/2010

• Thread starter Thread starter mrjack41
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 806

mrjack41

Reaction score
Stats

Everton have an excellent recent record against West Ham, having not lost in their last
seven fixtures against the East London club, and won five of those games.

The Blues have won seven of the 15 Premier League fixtures against West Ham at Upton Park, with four draws, and four West Ham wins.

All of the draws between Everton and West Ham at Upton Park have been 2-2, with the most recent one coming 2006.

The Hammers twice went ahead through Marlon Harewood and Dean Ashton but Leon Osman and James Beattie earned Everton a point.

Since losing back-to-back away games to Blackburn and Aston Villa at the start of the season Everton are now unbeaten in seven on the road.

In contrast West Ham have taken the fewest points at home in the Premier League, collecting just nine from nine games.

Everton & West Ham

A number of players have played for both West Ham and Everton in their careers including current Croatia coach Slaven Billic.

Midfielders Mark Ward and former Scottish international Don Hutchinson have both represented both as has Lucas Neill.

Past Meetings

Everton twice threw away the lead to draw 2-2 with Goodison Park in their last fixture with the Hammers in April 2010.

Diniyar Bilyaletdinov and Yakubu had put the Blues ahead on either half, but they were pegged back on both occasions by Manuel Da Costa and Ilan.

Team News

Striker Victor Anichebe is suspended for Everton after being sent off in the 2-1 win over Manchester City, but Mikel Arteta does return from a three match suspension.

Defenders Phil Jagielka and John Heitinga remain doubtful and Phil Neville may deputise at the heart of the Blues backline.

West Ham have a host of injuries, particularly in midfield where Mark Noble, Jack Collison and German international Thomas Hitzlsperger all sidelined.

Freddie Sears made his first start in 21 months against Fulham and may continue against Everton.

Form

If Everton avoid defeat against West Ham it will be the second month in three that they have gone unbeaten in.

The Blues have only failed to score once in their last 11 games, that coming in the 0-0 draw with Wigan earlier this month.

West Ham recorded their first win in five games with a 3-1 success over Fulham on Boxing Day thanks to a brace from Carlton Cole and a goal for Frederic Piquionne.

The Hammers last home win came against Wigan on November 27 a game they won 3-1.

Key Players

In the Inside Track, the London Evening Standard's James Olley describes Hammers midfielder Scott Parker as the 'life and soul of West Ham,' and it would be hard to disagree with that view.

Everything goes through Parker at the heart of the West Ham midfielder, and the former Chelsea man is also ferocious in the tackle.

There have been stories linking Parker with a move away from the Boelyn Ground in January, his departure would surely signal the end for West Ham's survival aspirations.

Goal Threat

So far in the 2010/11 Premier League season Carlton Cole has only mustered three league goals and the former Chelsea hitman has struggled to adapt to Avram Grant's style of play.

But Cole will he hoping to rediscover the form that made him a regular fixture in the England squad.

With both McCarthy and Obinna struggling for form and fitness, the importance of Cole is even greater.

SKY SPORTS 1
5.30 KICK OFF

Good thread, decent detail.

But get the teams the right way around :$

Good thread, decent detail.

But get the teams the right way around :$

I'm Sorry :P

---------- Post added at 10:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 PM ----------

*facepalm* hibbert playing at centre back, Moyes you tool !

Hibbert at Centre Half for Everton, with Cahill up front alone and Fellaini just off him.

Carlton Cole left out of the Starting XI after scoring his first ever Premier League brace.

West Ham:
Green, Faubert, Upson, Tomkins, Illunga, Sears, Parker, Kovac, Boa Morte, Obinna, Piquionne

Everton:
Howard, Neville, Hibbert, Distin, Baines, Coleman, Arteta, Rodwell, Pienaar, Fellaini, Cahill.

Everton All the way

Everton 2-0 west ham Arteta an Coleman would score

Hibbert if i could, I would reach through the tele and strangle you.

Freddie Sears has been really refreshing since returning from loan!

---------- Post added at 10:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 PM ----------

****** **** obina!

The post is going to be shaking for a week after that shot by Obina.

Wouldn't mind Victor Obina at Manchester United if i'm honest, I really like him

yeah but Man united have enough players in that posistion he will suit in Everton

Wouldn't mind Victor Obina at Manchester United if i'm honest, I really like him

I think hes inconsistent, goes through patches of good and bad, like lots of nigerians (Obafemi Martins, Yakubu..)

Back