excellent regen - bad youth facilities

• Thread starter Thread starter fmblggr
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 1K

fmblggr

Reaction score
I'm playing with FC Brussels and had an excellent regen pop up in my youth system. He's a 15 year old striker with attributes that are already better than my top scorers (who lead the pro league in scoring last year). I'm looking for advice on development. Budget is minimal, although I can and probably should hire a youth coach. Can't really improve poor youth facilities at this point. I've already locked him up to a long term pro contract. Should I push him into the under 21 squad immediately? When should I think about loaning to get first team experience?

If he's got stats better than your leading scorers, why not bring him in to first team straight away?

I'm playing with FC Brussels and had an excellent regen pop up in my youth system. He's a 15 year old striker with attributes that are already better than my top scorers (who lead the pro league in scoring last year). I'm looking for advice on development. Budget is minimal, although I can and probably should hire a youth coach. Can't really improve poor youth facilities at this point. I've already locked him up to a long term pro contract. Should I push him into the under 21 squad immediately? When should I think about loaning to get first team experience?

well, if his attributes are already better than your top strikers, you might as well as play him, he'll either get injured or become a world star, but that can happen to everyone... really if his stats are great, play him as much as you can, whilst avoiding making him too tired...

Good points. I didn't think about playing him because I've never played a kid that young before. Might as well at least rotate him in and see how he does.

I don't know about FM12, but isn't 15 too young to play? In my saves, I can only play 16+ players in the first squad :/

Play the kid - constantly! If you are playing two up front maybe sell one of your other fringe strikers and get him in there. Let your top scorer play alongside him - maybe even look to get him a mentor. But play him as often as possible it's the best way to develop him. Like Shadow said though be wary of tiring him out.

I had an incredible striker come into the game at 15, got him for about 1m, brought him on most games until he was like 17 then i played him first team and turned him into a AMR and now he's the best on the game and can get 50+ assists a season, maxing at 90.

Point is... play him as often as you can, if he's as good as you say then pay him first team and not a sub like i did.

Back