Exits will hit Man Utd - Anelka

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 574

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Chelsea striker Nicolas Anelka believes Manchester United face a tough defence of their Premier League title without Cristiano Ronaldo and Carlos Tevez.

More...

oooooooo i would love to give anelka a slap

it will be tough sure. obv ronaldo dosnt look like hes gona be replaced. valncia will do well, and the mooted signing of either douglas costa and (again this morning) david silva will help. really excited about seeing owen and rooney together for united and england though.

tevez may have been adored for his work rate and passion, but stats dont lie, michael owen scored more goals than tevez last season from less appearances in a frankly average newcastle team.

if we got david silva that would be amazing but i doubt he'll buy any more big players :(

yeah hes done it before though, declared his transfers over and then ripped out a big signing at the end of the window. valencia cant afford not to sell, they are doing a leeds in a big way.

silva would be incredible deffo, and im not sure if the scouse can afford him unless they sell mascherano and alonso, in which case they will be looking for a defensive mid.

i really want douglas costa though. hes gona be a big star.

id rather hav david silva than douglas costa
silva would only be 5-10mill more

yeah silva is proven in europe and at the top level in spain etc. but im just that kind of person, i like to take a chance. weve got the money realistically to get both, but i dont thnk he will do that.

we will wait and see, fergie doenst make mistakes does he.

we'll forget about djemba-djemba and kleberson........... ;)

dont get me started lol
berbatov was a crazy buy for 30mill

i cant understanmd how tottenham fans say he works harder for united than he did at spurs...?

was he literally standing by the goalie having a chat for 90 mins at spurs, and occasionally poking home a cross/corner?

feel nicolas is right. how can you replace the likes of tevez and ronaldo??? yes utd have made some good signings but they arnt a patch on ronaldo and tevez.

It was rumoured Real Madrid wanted David Silva, too, perhaps an alternative to Alonso; but currently there's not much about Real signing. They need to sell first, and that's not going too well. Last Huntelaar was to sign for Stuttgart last monday, but he refused.
So far they're only managed to sell Saviola... to Benfica (sorry jdm ;)) and Javi García, also to Benfica.

I still think United will be strong this season. If liverpool were to get someone like David Silva or Ribery then i think they could win it. Chelsea need some young and quick players to add to their experience. Arsenal need some defenders and urgently, i would also buy a star striker to replace Adebayor if i was Wenger. Man united need a winger to replace ronaldo as i dont think Valencia is ready to feel his boots.

Man Utd will be hit this season if we dont get a proven goal scoring midfielder. Valencia wont fit that bill as he only scored a couple of goals last season, Scholes is over the hill and I cant think of anybody else in the squad who can score goals.

But Fergie always seems to come up with somebody to replace the stars

I still think United will be strong this season. If liverpool were to get someone like David Silva or Ribery then i think they could win it. Chelsea need some young and quick players to add to their experience. Arsenal need some defenders and urgently, i would also buy a star striker to replace Adebayor if i was Wenger. Man united need a winger to replace ronaldo as i dont think Valencia is ready to feel his boots.

as for the chelsea part. we have signed sturridge and zhirkov young and quick.

Back