Expansion refused, New stadium?

• Thread starter Thread starter woody3011
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 18
  • Views Views 9K

woody3011

Reaction score
Firstly sorry if there is a thread about this but everything i read was about expansions

I am Newcastle and have expanded St James Park to just short of 60000, a few seasons ago.
In my current season I tried to expand the sold out stadium but the Local Council rejected this how can I build a New stadium or do the board just do this randomly on their own?

Depends on your finances and match attendances, if they are positive enough you might get a new stadium :)

You need to be financially stable (ie making money)
You need to be winning trophies or at least challenging
You need to be maxing out your current stadium almost every week

Your board may then announce a new stadium build.

i seem to meet tht criteria atm
so the board may just tell me they will build a stadium or do i need to ask (if so how)

You cant ask for one (i dont think) they will just announce it, usually at the end of the season.

You need to be financially stable (ie making money)
You need to be winning trophies or at least challenging
You need to be maxing out your current stadium almost every week

Your board may then announce a new stadium build.

thats what will happen, there is no way around it you need to meet that criteria, and even when you do it can take ages for the announcement to happen

I was Basingstoke in the Premiership, still no new stadium, I only had a 6000 seater, filling every week, and 21 million in the black, no stadium ever gets announced

Just be patient and wait.... I played as Liverpool and after 2-3 seasons I got a new stadium named after my manager pretty cool! ..... but then i left the club and under the 'information' screen, i wasnt even listed as a favored personnel :@

I was Basingstoke in the Premiership, still no new stadium, I only had a 6000 seater, filling every week, and 21 million in the black, no stadium ever gets announced
really? I had a 3000 capacity stadium up to the Championship. When I got promoted the board announced they were constructing a 16000 seater ready in 2 years time. I had close to 7million in the bank before the stadium build and I won JPT 2 times, FA trophy 2 times, and consistently top 1 or 2 every season. The 3rd season in the premiership, when the stadium was ready I won the Premiership, League Cup and Euro Cup. Immediately the board announced they were expanding the 16000 seater to nearly 25,0000. (Nearly got sacked though in my second year due to a board takeover wanting to install some hack manager that Newcastle had fired but I had untouchable status and was a club legend so they backed off. Was about to ragequit if I got sacked for no good reason). Also I find that once you get to the premiership it's so much easier to make money even with a small stadium. You get like 50million for TV rights and anywhere between 10-35million for not getting relegated. So I'm not really sure how you can be 21 mil in the red. Mind you I'm still cheap and refuse to spend more than 10 mil on a transfers per season

Last edited:
I play in Premier League with Wrexham, stadium that takes 28'000 and it's full every time.
The economy is great and the board wants to increase the stadium but every time the city council-people "amacingly" dont accept any building on the stadium because there is no room to build, they say.

This has happend 2-3 times now, getting kind of angry. Will I never get a new stadium, or what? :-/

If the council reject it then I think you've reached your maximum expansion capacity and there is no way that they will change their mind, this happened to me when I was Man City once my stadium reached 60000, the only way to get round it is use the FMRTE to change your stadiums expansion capacity, then your board will expand the stadium at the end of the season as long as you have the money.

If the council reject it then I think you've reached your maximum expansion capacity and there is no way that they will change their mind, this happened to me when I was Man City once my stadium reached 60000, the only way to get round it is use the FMRTE to change your stadiums expansion capacity, then your board will expand the stadium at the end of the season as long as you have the money.

FMRTE? x0

Football Manager Real Time Editor. It's an editor to use while you're playing the game, there's links to it on here somewhere.

BTW ... I don't use the editor to constantly cheat, just to find good regens at the start of the season.

Football Manager Real Time Editor. It's an editor to use while you're playing the game, there's links to it on here somewhere.

BTW ... I don't use the editor to constantly cheat, just to find good regens at the start of the season.

how do you find the good regens please tell me!!!.....and i also dont use the FMRTE to constantly cheat!!!

Go on the FMRTE and click on the binoculars symbol on the toolbar to open the Search Filter. Set the age between 0-21 and tick the box the says 'regen' then click search. It gives you a list of all the regens who are under 21, then just click where it says PA to sort by potential ability, the higher the potential ability, the better they can become, anyone with potential ability over 170 has the potential to become a top player. :)

you have to meet certain criteria and even then the announcement may takes ages to come......in my Chelsea save,i won the premiereship 3 times,FA Cup 4 times,Champions League 2 times and League Cup 3 times in 4 years and only now the board plans to build a new stadium

Go on the FMRTE and click on the binoculars symbol on the toolbar to open the Search Filter. Set the age between 0-21 and tick the box the says 'regen' then click search. It gives you a list of all the regens who are under 21, then just click where it says PA to sort by potential ability, the higher the potential ability, the better they can become, anyone with potential ability over 170 has the potential to become a top player. :)

cheers for that m8 you've been a big help ;)

Back