MrJointe

Reaction score
I'm playing a 4-2-3-1 wide with my two best attacking players in the striker and amc positions. Both of them have attack duties and the players on the flanks have support duties. I'm playing a possesion based game. Which one of the penetration options would then suits my tactic best? And if i play against an opponent with a narrow formation what suits best then?

There's no best. It depends how you want to build up and play. Either can work and there's also the option of not exploiting anything specifically.

There's no best. It depends how you want to build up and play. Either can work and there's also the option of not exploiting anything specifically.
Thanks! Could my attack be more unpredicteble if I as you said don't exploit anything at all? Ignore the 485

Thanks! Could my attack be more unpredicteble if I as you said don't exploit anything at all? Ignore the 485
Could it be more unpredictable if you don't channel play in a specific ​way? I'm sure you answered your own question.

Just because you're more unpredictable doesn't necessarily mean it'll be better/more effective though. ;)

Just because you're more unpredictable doesn't necessarily mean it'll be better/more effective though. ;)
True. So if I have my best players in the center then it should be more effective to use exploit the middle?

True. So if I have my best players in the center then it should be more effective to use exploit the middle?
You're missing the point and we're going in circles now as you've already asked this and I've already answered this.

Why not just start without it and see if either option is needed first?

Do you have a tall striker and are your full backs any good?

If you have a good tall striker and attacking fullbacks exploiting the wing usually works well, and vice versa for smaller strikers and defensive full backs.

Hope this helps, I always try to answer as best I can rather than belittling the person asking the question