ponyexpress

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I am tremendously indebted to this community as sharing tactics makes the game more exciting. I tried some of the tactics here and some of them are really good. Jassar and his tactics never fail to impress me. After trying out some tactics here, I am inspired to come up with my own tactics.

Basically these tactics based on my preference of having strong midfield team and explosive wing backs as well as wingers. It's such a pleasure to see how the ball moving from the side of the pitch to the centre in both wingers and wing backs share their duty of attack. With my home tactic, I only have two midfielders (one is DLP and CM). While my DLM is controlling the midfield, my CM will play a rather defensive role. The whole idea is that these two midfields will distribute the ball to the side to either wing backs or wingers. With my away tactics, I put 5 players in the middle. Both wingers are tasked to cover the wing back duties.

I tried this tactic with Freiburg and combined it with Jassar's tactic. I brought Freiburg to the top. Then I tried my luck again with Twente and got the same result. I am now half way through the second year with Arsenal and the stats are very impressive.

Explosive Wing Back

Twente

View attachment 415550 View attachment 415534 View attachment 415533

Arsenal Away Formation Away Instruction

View attachment 415531 View attachment 415435 View attachment 415432

Home Formation Instruction Home Fixture/results

View attachment 415430 View attachment 415428View attachment 415526

TRAINING

In the beginning of the season, I set the general training to GENERAL with very high intensity. In scheduling section, I slide it to the far left (more match training) and set TACTIC ONLY for match training. I also make a regular weekly training set to team cohesion in the first month then move to attacking movement After a month or two, my team begin to fluid.

Tactics

Just like in a real football game, you have to carefully watch your team on the pitch. If you are ahead by two goals in first half, then you might like to tweak the team instruction a little in order to preserve your victory. I normally change from possession (retaining possession, short passes to long passes and more disciplined attitude). Alternatively, I can switch to away formation.

On the contrary, if you are playing home match and conceded one goal in the first half, you can change the instruction to more aggressive style, ie direct pass. It's also a good idea to include one tactic from fellow members here into your three slots of tactic available for your team. When things don't go with your plan, then try the other tactic from Jassar or anyone.

Sometimes when I am playing against weaker team, they tend to put 10 people on the penalty box when attacked. This is very hard to break but with a little tweak on my player instructions, generally it leads to a good result. In this situation, I ask my wingers and wing backs to do more risky passes and also put shoot on sight mode on. The same thing with corner set-pieces. If I think that my players can't win aerial fight against their defenders, asking the kick tacker to aim it to the box might help.

I don't mean to make these tactics as the ultimate formations for this game but rather an ongoing project where people can alter to suit their chosen teams.

Last edited:
Yes I used different tactics at the beginning but started to make my own in 2017.

try it with a team from the start of the game, For all we know Dortmund could be rubbish in your game now! lol