F.C Barcelona: Més que un club

• Thread starter Thread starter ZeCarlos
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 15K

ZeCarlos

Reaction score
Just apology to those that read any of my MK Dons story - I quickly lost interest as League One was too easy with the budget I had and no real targets. For this story I'm using LFCMarshall's latest transfer update. I'm not creatively writing in this story - rather just reporting on progress through screenshots/results.

View attachment 262734
As we all know, F.C Barcelona have a fantastic youth academy. It is arguably the best in the world and current first-team stars like Xavi, Iniesta, Messi and Puyol have graduated from world-famous 'La Masia'. Despite recent successes both domestically and in Europe, Barça struggled to keep pace in the 2011-12 season. After being knocked out of the Champions League by English side Chelsea, Jose Mourinho's Madrid piled yet more misery on the reigning champions by taking their league title away from them. Club legend Josep Guardiola then left the club in need of time away from the beautiful game.

As the new manager at the helm of this great club, I intend to bring back the domestic and European titles to Catalonia. People may call the challenge 'easy' with such a great first-team, but I aim to use as much youth as possible. To help with my targets, I've also taken over the Barcelona "B" team so I have full control over the club. For purposes of the story, I'll report on both teams' results. I don't want to spend much money on senior players from other clubs therefore I've limited myself to two £10+ players each season. Obviously with managing two different teams, progress may be slow but I feel it's quite a challenge. I'm not the best of managers - I don't really have success at all with mid-table sides like the "B" team - so I hope I can make good progress.

As already mentioned, some might think what I'm doing is easy but once the likes of Xavi, Puyol and Valdes are older - it will become much harder. Of course young talents like Thiago and Tello are coming through but there's parts of the squad which aren't so strong. Also, instead of just aiming for success with the first-team - I want to help the "B" team win the Liga Adelante. Basically, my whole aim for this story is to use youth whenever possible. I've never done it before - instead, I always prefer buying big-names in order to gain instant success. Some of you may find the idea or story boring, but I hope to show genuine progress to people who have an understanding of youth progression.

I guess all I'm doing here is trying to run a football club realistically instead of the fantasy option I so oftenly choose. The first friendly should be up soon, so please give it a read and if you have any interest; a comment or a simple "like" would be appreciated. Constructive criticism is welcome.

Good luck matey (cant believe I just said that to a Sunderland fan lol). I ran Bilbao in a similar way as you know (without the £10m+ transfers lol) - it seems as though it will be quite similar except you will have a head start with the quality of squad.

I will be particularly interested in the B team posts as I pretty much ignored them in my Bilbao story (post wise not in game) - it took me 10-15 years to get them winning Liga Adelante regularly although I managed them for 1 year I quickly got bored and retired!

Good luck!!!!

Good luck matey (cant believe I just said that to a Sunderland fan lol). I ran Bilbao in a similar way as you know (without the £10m+ transfers lol) - it seems as though it will be quite similar except you will have a head start with the quality of squad.

I will be particularly interested in the B team posts as I pretty much ignored them in my Bilbao story (post wise not in game) - it took me 10-15 years to get them winning Liga Adelante regularly although I managed them for 1 year I quickly got bored and retired!

Good luck!!!!

Cheers for the comment mate. Yeah, in my opinion I think I could win La Liga pretty straightforward with the current first-team. I want to actually use the youngsters quite often, though - even from the first season so it should help them progress and maybe make it a little harder.

Cheers for the comment mate. Yeah, in my opinion I think I could win La Liga pretty straightforward with the current first-team. I want to actually use the youngsters quite often, though - even from the first season so it should help them progress and maybe make it a little harder.

I must admit I have never done more than one season with Barca as I found it too easy. I found myself promising myself that I wont buy I will promote youth and avoid temptation but it never worked! lol. Thats why I went Bilbao to take away the temptation!

I must admit I have never done more than one season with Barca as I found it too easy. I found myself promising myself that I wont buy I will promote youth and avoid temptation but it never worked! lol. Thats why I went Bilbao to take away the temptation!

Well I'll see how long I last haha! First friendly should be up very soon. Just adding the last few things to it since my internet is now back up!

View attachment 262765

Barcelona 7-0 Barcelona "B"

Before the first friendly of both teams even began, I moved Thiago and Sergi Roberto from the "B" side to the first-team. After thoroughly looking at both squads, I felt the two players deserved a chance in the first-team. Thiago is already known to many people and I was quite surprised to find him in the "B" squad. Whilst Roberto isn't so known, I still feel he is already a reasonable rotation option for the first-team and can provide cover for the likes of Xavi when needed. Before the friendly, I also implemented my tactic* to the first-team to see how they would perform under new instructions. If it works well enough, I hope to use the same approach for the "B" team in due course. The two teams lined up like this:

Barcelona:

As you can see, I decided to name several players in the first-team squad who would normally be used as back-ups. I was especially eager to see Montoya and Roberto play for the first-team. Fabregas was in the team just to add a little experience to help the youngsters. In the "B" team, I was going to keep my eye on Jonathan dos Santos and Kiko Femenia.

As the match kicked off, the first-team began dominating. After just several minutes, youngster Roberto knocked a beautiful ball over the top for striker Rodri. It was exactly the type of thing I wanted to see Roberto doing this year. Before long, the first-team had doubled their lead when pacey winger Pedro nicked the ball off a defender before laying it off for a simple tap-in by Cuenca. Pedro himself then added a third after latching onto a long-ball forward by Fontas and slotting under the keeper. Just minutes later, winger Cuenca crossed for Pedro to head home. Before half-time, the first-team grabbed a fifth when Cuenca crossed for young striker Rodri.

Into the second-half, young defender Sergi Gomez scored an own goal after Pedro had knocked a ball across the box. The unlucky defender hit the ball into his own net after the momentum of trying to recover from his poor defensive mistake earlier in the move. Towards the end of the game, Fontas headed a long ball forward which fell for winger Cuenca to knock across goal and into the back of the net.

All in all, it was a decent performance from both teams. I was pretty impressed with Sergi Roberto before he took a slight knock and had to be taken off. Fontas also caught my eye after having a solid game at the back. From the "B" team, there were no stand out performers which didn't bother me too much as they were always going to be outclassed by the first-team.

Last edited:
Apologies if the update seemed rushed - had to work quick as my internet was off lol. Also, in updates from now; there should only be one screenshot of tactics so the update shouldn't be so long as two take up too much space.

View attachment 262804
Barcelona 7-0 C.E Europa

Leading up to this game, I managed to sign M'baye Niang from French side Stade Malherbe Caen for £6m. I didn't think he was ready to fit into the first-team just yet so I placed him into the "B" team. He will battle it out with Jean Marie Dongou for the lone-striker position and whoever plays best will be promoted to the first-team for next season. I also approached Zaragoza for young winger Joel Valencia. I've heard a lot of good things about him, but I didn't want to spend money on him without knowing how he would suit my style of play - so I offered a loan deal which would see me be able to sign him come the end of the season if I wanted. For the game against C.E Europa, I decided to give Rafinha from the "B" team a chance to shine. I also played several more usual names to the first-team sheet like Xavi and Puyol.

View attachment 262805
From early on in the game, Barcelona dominated a much weaker C.E Europa side.
Barça took the lead when Xavi delivered a lovely corner into the box. Towering defender Pique headed down for his team-mate Fontas to smash home. Just minutes later, after Rafinha had a long-shot saved, Pedro crossed along the floor for Rodri to tap home and double Barcelona's lead. Before too long, Rodri had added another. A header forward from legend Carlos Puyol fell for the youngster who knocked the ball across goal and into the back of the net.

Into the second-half and the same corner routine worked against a poor Europa team. Xavi once again delivered for Pique to set up defensive partner Fontas who knocked home Barcelona's fourth. Only seconds later, Pedro added a fifth. Man of the match Rafinha crossed from the right hand side for Pedro to head over the keeper and into the back of the net. Minutes from the end of the game, substitute Tello added another. A beautiful through-ball by experienced Xavi set Tello away on goal and he never looked like missing. In the last minute of injury time, Rafinha went on a mazy run down the right hand side before tapping across the box for Tello to ghost in and steal
Barça's seventh.

I'm going on holiday tomorrow for 8-11 days so for now the story is on hold. For anybody that had taken an interest, I plan to resume the story as soon as I'm back so watch out for an update. Cheers

Back