Wanners-L.F.C

Reaction score
Never heard him mentioned before but a really good player and dead cheap.Plays for Benfica,best on the left as an attacking mid,but can be retrained to play on the right.Recommend to most topflight teams, chips in with a few goals aswell.Received offers of 10million for him at the end of the first season from Madrid and inter.

He was already at Bham City when I came and I was pleasantly suprised with the lad. He plays much better than his stats suggest, and you're right, he bags a few goals, but not good enough for top half of the premier league.

Edit him if you're running fm10, in fm11 he'll be much better, and can play left wingback like he did for Portugal at the WC. He handled world class players defensively and his stats just don't let him do that. I put him down as a more Lahm style of player, good attacks, dribbling composure and crossing, but not weak either.

Set my own training for him and i think he turned out quite well

In RL he was brilliant at the world cup and Chelsea want to sign him to replace Ashley Cole!

Fábio Coentrão

Fábio plays for Benfica, he came 3 years ago and last season he got loeaned to Rio Ave where he really showed his tallent (as a winger). This season Jorge Jesus (Benfica's coach) brought him to the first team and addapted him to full back, where he really shined this season. I believe he has the potenciial to be one of the world's top Fullbacks. And no, hes not going to Chelsea ^^ lucky for Benfica hehe. Hes gonna be a star.

I'm having a problem with this guys fitness, always knackered by about 65-70mins. Anyone else have the same problem? It's doing my head in!!

Is your workload on heavy in training?

I'm using one of the training schedules of here i think dunc's...they're all set to heavy, but this has been going on before i even downloaded them, i had him on general defenders one and it was still the same. I didn't know whether it was a glitch or he's just a lazy get in real life haha. ;)

I retrained him to be a WBL (in the Portugese league) and he gets good ratings, but yeah, he's just not good enough defensively. I also have fitness troubles with him.

I trained him with Tug's training and play him as left back.