FA charge for Blackpool manager

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 887

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Blackpool manager Ian Holloway is charged with improper conduct by the Football Association for his language and behaviour towards match officials last Saturday.

More...

From the article:
"Holloway said after the match: 'The referee [Mike Dean] had a poor game and he is going to report me for what I said to him in the tunnel.
'I thought there was some unbelievably strange decisions out there'"

"The 47-year-old admitted after last weekend's derby: 'I waited for [Dean] in the tunnel. Never mind, I have got to learn and I should know better - but it is ridiculous.'"

Which, by my opinion, is fair enough. He knows he did wrong, and the FA punished him for it. I like him a lot, and it's a credit to him that he at least admits it.

From the article:

Which, by my opinion, is fair enough. He knows he did wrong, and the FA punished him for it. I like him a lot, and it's a credit to him that he at least admits it.

He's a very likable manager

no worse than anything other managers have done. fair play to him admitting he's done wrong. a very talented manager imo

Very likable manager. FA should have warned and let it go.

Fergie would have got away with it ;)

and that is a FACT! :)

i think this is stupid, he had a word with him inside away from the cameras, didnt make a huge song and dance while still on the pitch. its understandable that he was fuming, the ref just cost him the game. mangers should be allowed to express their feelings.

unless of course he was excessively abusive to the referee, then i could understand it

and that is a FACT! :)

i think this is stupid, he had a word with him inside away from the cameras, didnt make a huge song and dance while still on the pitch. its understandable that he was fuming, the ref just cost him the game. mangers should be allowed to express their feelings.

unless of course he was excessively abusive to the referee, then i could understand it
eh? have you seen how many charges SAF has? he gets nailed a lot more than you think

but the FA should have just warned him

eh? have you seen how many charges SAF has? he gets nailed a lot more than you think

but the FA should have just warned him

i was joking mate, remember when Rafa said that "Ferguson never gets punished and that is a fact!" (not exact words)

:)

i was joking mate, remember when Rafa said that "Ferguson never gets punished and that is a fact!" (not exact words)

:)
lol fair enough, haha i do remember that, oh rafa

cant help but think the FA goes after the wrong things far too often

Back