• Views Views 2K
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aannddyy

Super Duper Moderator
Reaction score
Fabregas has fractured his right fibula and is out for six weeks

- Arsenal.com

Rooney has only sustained "minor ligament damage" and does not have a fracture. It could be 4 weeks until he returns.

- Sky Sports News

Last edited:
Big problem for Arsenal, this is like United losing Rooney but probably even worse for Arsenal in my opinion.

Good news for us, as we're now not the only team without our best player. Just need a Chelsea injury now.
Saturday roll on (6)

Ahhhh ****........
Nasri it is time to show us what u can do in the middle over the long term!

Just added Rooneys injury - he should be back in four weeks.

Last edited:
Just added Rooneys injury - he should be back by the home Bayern leg.

Pretty sure I heard on SSN that he's out for about 2 weeks then should be able to play 30 mins or so in the 3rd week, which would rule him out of the Bayern game, as that is on Wednesday?
I may be wrong though.

Hmm... Not good :S Good news for England with Rooney, but I'm more concerned about Cesc's fitness. Mr Wenger made the wrong decision in playing him last night. But then again Arsenal wouldn't have drawn without him. Recover quickly, Fab :'(

Pretty sure I heard on SSN that he's out for about 2 weeks then should be able to play 30 mins or so in the 3rd week, which would rule him out of the Bayern game, as that is on Wednesday?
I may be wrong though.

Sorry I read it wrong, Rooney is expected to be out for about 4 weeks, but should return for the Champions League semi-final if they overcome Bayern. Although United are yet to decide how long to sideline Rooney for.

why did arsene wnger even play him. He knew he wasn't fully fit.

I know he wanted to play against his former club but couldn't he have waited for the second leg

Sorry I read it wrong, Rooney is expected to be out for about 4 weeks, but should return for the Champions League semi-final if they overcome Bayern. Although United are yet to decide how long to sideline Rooney for.

Thought so lol..
But yeah I guess that is fairly good news compared to the break everyone feared. Hopefully he can make a speedy recovery and be back in time for the Manchester Derby!

absolutely brilliant week for chelsea just hope we can make it the best week with a win at manure.

rooney is out for 2 -4 weeks we'll no more tomorrow. sorry its off topic, cjack011, please dont use the term manure when talking about united. unless you know the history of its use (and are being deliberately callous which i doubt you are), i dont you know how offensive it is

rooney is out for 2 -4 weeks we'll no more tomorrow. sorry its off topic, cjack011, please dont use the term manure when talking about united. unless you know the history of its use (and are being deliberately callous which i doubt you are), i dont you know how offensive it is

i actally do know why its used but as you feel offended i will stop using it and i will apologise.

When i went to a utd game they called us "Foes" after marc vivien foe, so dont act like you guys are all innocent

When i went to a utd game they called us "Foes" after marc vivien foe, so dont act like you guys are all innocent

No need to bring it back up. PM him Joe.

joe you have missed the point of what i was trying to say, i was purely asking him to refrain, thank you cjack011 anyway. inever said united fans were innocent, ive those chants, same way ive heard city fans talk about munich, and others about hillsbrough, no matter who says what that kind of banter is unacceptable, buts thats all irrelevant. dont get all wound up when united are mentioned. PM me if you want to continue this, otherwise we end the discussion here and now

BACK ON TOPIC

i feel arsenal could be in trouble are this, if arshaivins is anywhere near as bad. fab, they can cover with nasri, whos on great form, losing arshavin and gallas now could end their trophy hopes. rooneys absence will make it harder, certainly aginst chelsea but i dont think we're as bad of as arsenal, tho dimi will need to have 2 very big games in the next week

Thought I might aswell post it in here rather than making a new thread..

William Gallas and Andrey Arshavin both ruled out for 3 weeks with calf injuries.

Good news for us, as we're now not the only team without our best player. Just need a Chelsea injury now.
Saturday roll on (6)

Aren't you forgetting that we've been missing our best player since about December?

I wouldn't say you have one best player. Chelsea's squad is full of match winners as is ours. But we have a main match winner in Rooney, whereas Chelsea have Drogba, Anelka, Lampard, Essien and a few more. Also like you said, he's been out since December so you've been able to adapt, whereas we need to adapt at the biggest stage of the season. If you lost one of your match winners now, you'd be in the same boat as us and Arsenal.

cesc`s injury along with gallas and arshavin`s is a big blow no doubt but its time for walcott to shine along with nasri.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back