trickydicky17

Reaction score
So, its pretty simple really. Do i fork out the £46.5million (or what ever his release fee is) to permanently acquire Falcao? or, do i let him goat the end of the season save money, increase my wage bill by a quarter of a mill and bring through youth as the board requires?

Ok so I'm only a few matches into my season, 5 it is now with league and the Capital Cup game taking place and I'm currently forced to use James Wilson as Robin van Persie is out injured and just as Falcao got over his original injury, he is now out till, mid November. Oh the Joys!!!

Luckily James Wilson is working well in my system that has him partnered with Rooney and (currently) Januzaj. Rooney is, well, Rooney and has netted 4 in 4 for me in all comps. He did sit out the cup game though. But here is where the problem begins...

Falcao is, well, Falcao. I have no doubt at all that he will definitely get me goals.. and probably, a few of them. But as Falcao has only played in 3 friendlies and is out till mid November is it worth me paying all that money and them wages to keep him when i may have 2 possibly 3 seasons of him and what? i may get 20 goals a season from him if he can avoid being injured most of the time. Or do i take the experience of RvP and/or Rooney and try and nurture him to his max potential?

When its put like that, it seems quite obvious, go with the youth he is scoring, he has years a head of him, he is the future of my Manchester United but when half of the squad have expressed there desire to play 'Champions Cup' football, and WHEf he can stay fit, Falcao returns from injury, if i can keep him injury-free, I'm sure he can provide the goals to get me where i need to be.. and again I'm sure of it, that if i can keep him injury free, his goals can help me challenge for the Premier league.

Scenario One.
I keep Falcao. i pay for him knowing in return he will repay some of that cost with possible Premier League Crowns, European Football and plenty of goals. James Wilson stays a good valued rotation player, maybe taking over eventually from RvP or when, cause it will be a definite that Falcao will be injured again, he steps up and fills the void. 2 good seasons from Man Utd will boost reputation, the league and playing Champions Cup football will increase the value of players and then i look to make a bit of a return from Falcao. But like i said, the money from the league wins and Champions Cup football will surely pay off to some of Facial's value.

Scenario Two
Well this is simple, i refuse to pay the 'buy out clause' for Falcao plus his wages. I promote James Wilson as one of my main strikers, hand him the number 9 shirt and watch the boy develop into a goal scoring machine!! This will no doubt please the board as the money saved and the wage bill takes a big cut, smiles all round from the board, right? But this kid doesn't guarantee me to fight for the league, doesn't get me my champions cup football without a bit of luck, and there are to many players demanding to play Champions Cup football, and it means i need to deliver, if not this season, then definitely the season after!

So i get its far to early into a career to suggest that this kid is my golden ticket to take Utd back to the European Elite, he's scored 5 goals in 5 games, is that really to hard? but when the team we face vary in difficulty, then you seriously have to consider it, so this is what I'm asking you? what is your views and opinions on this? would you buy? would you let the loan play out and then when it finishes, it finishes? or would you guys just terminate now, save some pennies from a guy earning £250k a week to be sat on a treatment table??

Promote Wilson. Falcao for that amount of money ain't worth it, because of his age and the fact that he's prone to injuries.

Most times, you get the option to re-sign Falcao on loan when his loan is about to end. Go do that, and most times, he accepts. So you have Falcao on loan for another season to guarantee you PL, while Wilson will take over from him and RvP at the end of S2..

Most times, you get the option to re-sign Falcao on loan when his loan is about to end. Go do that, and most times, he accepts. So you have Falcao on loan for another season to guarantee you PL, while Wilson will take over from him and RvP at the end of S2..
Cheers for the that. I played a few more games last night and Wilson, well he just can't stop scoring! 9 in 9 now. Even if Falcao was fit, id have to say he'd struggle to get a game at the moment! but i will look to extend his loan cause I'm sure he could even help develop Wilson into a 'true' number 9. There is only a few left playing and Falcao has to be one of them.

^Probably a wise thing to do. I personally did not renew Falcao's contract after his first season. Instead I bought in Aboubakar (from FC Porto). He's an absolute monster.

Rooney was my first choice striker (he's so much better in this game compared to the previous), Aboubakar number 2 and Wilson right behind.

Good luck, mate.

just finished my second season. played against MUFC in the PL at the end of the season to decide who got 3rd place, me or them. Falcao did didly squat the entire game, Wilson got a hattrick.