Falkirk demand SFA apology for late call-off

pistolped7

Reaction score
Falkirk Football Club have today released a statement slating the decision to call off their home match with Partick Thistle by the match officials due to a frozen and 'small areas of the pitch' being jugded as 'hazardous' to players. However, an earlier inspection by another SFA official judged the playing surface at teh Falkirk Stadium to be playable. It wasn't until the match officials arrived ahead of the 3pm kick-off that the decision was overturned.

Falkirk have expressed anger over the lateness of the call-off (the match officials postponed the game at 2.10pm, less than an hour before kick-off), saying that they wanted an early inspection to avoid a repeat of the St Johnstone game in January, where the game was also called off very late.

The statement ended by saying: "The SFA should apologise for the late call-off, disappointment and inconvenience that this may have caused fans. The final decision was out of [Falkirk's] control."

Do you agree with Falkirk's anger over a late call-off on what seemed to be a very playable pitch? Do you think that your teams game should have went ahead this weekend, or do you think Falkirk are in the wrong?

Link to original club statement: http://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=5090&Itemid=320

No I cant. Had they played and had a Flakirk player got injured the club would go nuts about that.

Falkirk should stfu to be honest.

But surely the lateness of the call-off must be a major factor in their anger?

No I cant. Had they played and had a Flakirk player got injured the club would go nuts about that.

Falkirk should stfu to be honest.

No they shouldn't. I think games should be called off as early as possible. To call it off that late results in a huge loss of income as everything is prepared and ready for the match, which they'll just have to play again. For the big clubs it's fine, but for First Division teams it is a lot of money, and call-offs cause serious financial problems. It's not really acceptable to call games off that close to kickoff when the weather hadn't even worsened since the pitch inspection. It's bad for the Thistle fans too, the bus was well on its way. Lucky I couldn't be sacked going!

The fact that the pitch had been passed as playable beforehand also must've annoyed them.

No they shouldn't. I think games should be called off as early as possible. To call it off that late results in a huge loss of income as everything is prepared and ready for the match, which they'll just have to play again. For the big clubs it's fine, but for First Division teams it is a lot of money, and call-offs cause serious financial problems. It's not really acceptable to call games off that close to kickoff when the weather hadn't even worsened since the pitch inspection. It's bad for the Thistle fans too, the bus was well on its way. Lucky I couldn't be sacked going!

As a Yeovil fan who had the game at Hartlepool called off (first time of asking in FA Cup this season, not 2nd) 30 minutes before kick off this season (700 mile round trip) I am well aware of the financial cost to both the fans and the club so no need to lecture.

I stand exactly by what I said.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Also, the 2nd inspection was by someone else - so there was no one to confirm that the condition had not deteriorated at all. It may well have done.

i think its appaeling
if it should get called off then it should be in the morning
i feel really sorry on the Partick Thistle fans who travelled and were told just to go home

As a Yeovil fan who had the game at Hartlepool called off (first time of asking in FA Cup this season, not 2nd) 30 minutes before kick off this season (700 mile round trip) I am well aware of the financial cost to both the fans and the club so no need to lecture.

I stand exactly by what I said.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:04 PM ----------

Also, the 2nd inspection was by someone else - so there was no one to confirm that the condition had not deteriorated at all. It may well have done.

It wasn't intended as a lecture, I was just trying to justify my point.