donkarlito

Reaction score
How do i created a false nine ? i thought it would complete forward in support but all huntelaar does drift along the foward line

Last edited:
How do i created a false fine ? i thought it would complete forward in support but all huntelaar does drift along the foward line

i think he'd be a deep-lying forward, with custom sliders, just my opinion...

well its not huntelaar ppms he just seems to drop deep a tiny bit then run to the right hand side

False nine? What's that?

A False 9 is player usually a FC that drops deep hopefully dragging his marker with him causing a large gap for a winger to run into or possible a centre mid to burst forward into the space

A False 9 is player usually a FC that drops deep hopefully dragging his marker with him causing a large gap for a winger to run into or possible a centre mid to burst forward into the space

So like Carlos Tevez for Man City?

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

i think he'd be a deep-lying forward, with custom sliders, just my opinion...

Maybe even a Defensive Forward?

So like Carlos Tevez for Man City?

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:43 PM ----------

tevez yes a false nine 9 also messi is a good example

Maybe even a Defensive Forward?

possible a defensive forward but their main role puts pressure on defensive line and chase very much like tevez

Last edited:
False nine? What's that?

A striker that looks like he's playing a traditional number 9 role, but in reality drops deep, forcing a man-marking defender to follow him or else risk letting him turn and run at him. Either he leaves him and the aforementioned happens, or he follows him and leaves a big gap in the centre of defence to be exploited by runners.

Carlos Tevez, as you mentioned, is a good example. Rooney is another, but Totti is probably the best example.

A striker that looks like he's playing a traditional number 9 role, but in reality drops deep, forcing a man-marking defender to follow him or else risk letting him turn and run at him. Either he leaves him and the aforementioned happens, or he follows him and leaves a big gap in the centre of defence to be exploited by runners.

Carlos Tevez, as you mentioned, is a good example. Rooney is another, but Totti is probably the best example.

Thanks for that Cubed but isn't Totti a Trequartista kind of player? He generally plays as a second striker or, as it is known, three quarters up the field.

Thanks for that Cubed but isn't Totti a Trequartista kind of player? He generally plays as a second striker or, as it is known, three quarters up the field.

Similar roles, but he's operated as both. Generally a trequartista, he's also been used a target man to hold up the ball and, more recently, as a false nine.

Totti is most definitely a the best example of trequartista but he could be a false nine but for me trequartista yes he does the same job as false nine but they don't help out defensively they just drift around the pitch always reminds of lazy player like ronaldinho

I read some threads about the "False Nine", but I haven't found yet what stats should have a good false nine. Other thing that I would like someone (who knows) to post is what instructions should be given to a false nine (from the sliders) if he was to be a Striker. Would he had to play as lone striker ?

Nobody ever talks about Berbatov as a false 9 but I think he was to some extent, especially at Spurs and Keane was a sort of false 10 getting on the end of a lot of Berby's service.

If we re-signed him Berby and VDV could be a great false 9/10 partnership.

I am trying to create this; my idea was to set the 9 to defensive mentality so he goes deep and the 10 to very attacking to he gets in the box. Then my idea was to base the 9 on an advanced playmaker which he is in a way, so I copied many of the values in the detailed role editing thingy, then I based the 10 on an advanced forward; I will see how it goes.

The thing is there are different types of false 9s, I'm going more for a Berbatov, possibly even Gudjohnsen in some games but people talk more about Tevez and Rooney who make more runs from deep. The false 10 is more uniformed; Sneijder in the WC was the epitome really and there were also Honda and Ozil.