Fans displeased by transfer value

• Thread starter Thread starter filip989
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 11
  • Views Views 2K

filip989

Reaction score
Finished my 2nd season at Anfield. Won 2 PLs, 2 FA Cups, and one CL and Community Shield, finally gotten board to expand stadium, and then wanted to bring some more players. Aurelio, who has been my substitution for Enrique is retiring, so I bought Coentrao. 30M. Kuyt is a not getting any younger and we tend to lack power in the right side when Suarez can't play - so I bought Hulk. offered 30M, Porto wanted 65M now and another 40M over 18 months. Finalized the deal with 25 now and 45 over 48 months - and fans got mad for spending so much on him.
Does it matter what fans think? Will he be troubled by that fact? Or will they change their mind if he plays good?
I don't usually spend so much so I don't know what will happen.

And for FM13, it would be great if you could invite fan's spokesperson in for a chat and calm them. Just like with players. It would be great if you could get a bit more involved with fans.

Every time I buy him the fans are angered by "waste of money signing" and every time he's ****** amazing
Don't worry about it
Although you did overpay

Why is he rated 2.5* by a good scout in my Arsenal save????? I won the league last year but even so, that's a bit low isnt it?

Why is he rated 2.5* by a good scout in my Arsenal save????? I won the league last year but even so, that's a bit low isnt it?

He's rated 4* in my save and I already wrote what I won - 6 trophies in 2 years, so I don't think that has anything to do with it. A bug maybe?

£70mil was too much. There are always ways of knuckling it down to around £50-55mil. But hey, if he works for you and you're not bankrupting yourself, go for it.

I prefer to look for regens, especially in Mexico and Argentina. They're just as good, and usually only cost £10-20mil.

spending over 50m is a bit too much for anyone unless they're relatively young and amazing. but if you have the money and he performs then it doesn't matter what the fans think. to be honest it never does.

They say the same for most signings, when he has a couple of good games in a row the fans will say that "they're pleased with the signing of (insert name here) as he is a quality player" lol.

Every time I buy him the fans are angered by "waste of money signing" and every time he's ****** amazing
Don't worry about it
Although you did overpay

i found exactly the same thing, i bought mariappa from watford for 2 million in my first season with middlesbrough, fans and ex manager came out blasting me for wasting money saying hes not good enough for the team, he finished player of the season and went on to be one of my best players for the next 5 years till i bought some good young defenders and he started filling the bench

it happened with another player in the 3rd season i think it was bought him for a couple of million and was blasted again only to sell him (cant remember who it was now :( ) for a good profit

Last edited:
It happens, fans are fickle people, even the best players are turned against at some point. Despite the fact you over-paid massively, he might be a good player and do well for you, but for that money you could have bought 2-3 other players nearly as good. The fans will come round..

I bought a re-gen from Liverpool on my old Arsenal save, in his first season he scored 25 goals, so when the fans said they were infuriated that I signed someone from a rival I couldn't believe it... I mean surely I've pinched a promising, proven striker from a rival club for not much money, they would be happy, no, obviously not, stupid fans as he's 8 from 8, playing as an AM so far.

He's good but I wouldn't have spent that kind of money on 1 player. The highest I've ever payed for a player when I wasn't messing around was £30m for Cavani but as a general rule I don't sign many players over £10m and try my best to sign no one under £15m.
in fact in my most recent save in the first season I made about £50m from sales and spent £9m. Anyway I've gone off topic. I tend not to bother with what fans think. If the player plays well then it's fine. I've been criticised for sales but I generally got rid of players who lacked discipline and respect for the club.

The only player i spent a large amount on is Neymar, and he has spent the last 8 seasons being the best player only second to Cavani who was scoring for fun (100+ goals one season)

Back