"fm 2010 out of memory" error message

luke797

Reaction score
Just loaded up football manager and got this error message "fm 2010 out of memory". Its never happend before and cant think why its suddenly changed from all the times ive played before except might have something to do with new update???
My laptop isnt the best but never had problems before and have 67gb memory and 1.96gb ram. anyone know what i need to do to fix it as it just closes after message and you cant do anything?

Last edited:
the 1.96 ram could be the problem, FM takes up quite a lot, i had the same on my old desktop :\

Try closing some other programs, I have never had it and I only have 1GB ram

yeah itl be all the other programs, you could go advanced and open task manager n close as much as pos :)

Try closing some other programs, I have never had it and I only have 1GB ram
I dont have any other programs open when i tried to open and closed alot of background programs. i also tried running while using the game booster but didnt work either.oO)

---------- Post added at 01:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:23 AM ----------

the 1.96 ram could be the problem, FM takes up quite a lot, i had the same on my old desktop :\
can you get more ram by deleting programs and stuff or is that only the basic memory? or will i need a new computer?

ram is how much memory your computer can randomly access, so basicly how much it can do :)

closing programs relieves the ram of stuff to do, so it can focus on fewer stuff, giving it more memory to use

you wont need a new computer, ram can be bought from loads of computer stores, and theyll probs install it for ya :)

hope that makes it clearer :)

I am also getting this problem..If you uninstall other games will that relieve more memory?

no, installing something puts it onto your hard drive, this will be 60GB plus, and you shouldnt have any problems with that

ram is what the computer uses to run the programs and services etc., right now ram is running your task bar, and internet browser.

uninstalling will just free up your hard drive... to free your ram, you need to close programs, i recommend using task manager, but only if you know what your doing :)

press Ctrl, Alt and Delete the start task manager then at processes close programs that you don't need oped but make sure you you dont close explorer.exe or any other important windows software(tells you in the description who the maker is) after that tell me if it works or not and ill give you more information if it doesn't work

press Ctrl, Alt and Delete the start task manager then at processes close programs that you don't need oped but make sure you you dont close explorer.exe or any other important windows software(tells you in the description who the maker is) after that tell me if it works or not and ill give you more information if it doesn't work
ive attatched a screenshot of the task manager processes could you let me know which ones i can close thanks.

iexplore.exe (if you arent using it)
ehmsas.exe
ehtray.exe
WiFiMsg.exe
HPWAMain.exe
QLBCTR.exe
QPService.exe
wmpnscfg.exe
HpgToaster.exe

:) thats if you dont need these programs :)

ive attatched a screenshot of the task manager processes could you let me know which ones i can close thanks.

When you've finished using Internet Explorer, them.

Then after that test it and if it still doesn't work shut down your computer using start shutdown and not by the off button

Let me know again if it fails to work or if it does work:D

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

iexplore.exe (if you arent using it)
ehmsas.exe
ehtray.exe
WiFiMsg.exe
HPWAMain.exe
QLBCTR.exe
QPService.exe
wmpnscfg.exe
HpgToaster.exe

:) thats if you dont need these programs :)

I was thinking about them programs but then i thought that they are't using up much memory.

also use system cleanup saved me 10gb last yearoO)

I was thinking about them programs but then i thought that they are't using up much memory.

yeah i was thinkin the same, but on my laptop, them programs were once the difference between playin fm and not :\

and yeah, i use ccleaner, it wipes tonnes of **** off your puter, and also checks and fixes your registry :) its now the computer equivalent of usain bolt... nearly... :p

When you've finished using Internet Explorer, them.

Then after that test it and if it still doesn't work shut down your computer using start shutdown and not by the off button

Let me know again if it fails to work or if it does work:D

---------- Post added at 02:36 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:34 AM ----------

i tried system clean up earlier and saved about 5gb. still cant get it to work:mad: but at least i have saved some memory. thanks for help though

---------- Post added at 02:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:43 AM ----------

yeah i was thinkin the same, but on my laptop, them programs were once the difference between playin fm and not :\

and yeah, i use ccleaner, it wipes tonnes of **** off your puter, and also checks and fixes your registry :) its now the computer equivalent of usain bolt... nearly... :p
ended the programs you said and still get the error message:(. thanks for help though. looks like i may have to survive without football manager for a while:p

LOL, I used it before i got windows 7. and i must admit windows 7 is soooo much faster than vista, same Laptop and harddrive and RAM. But then again i did wipe my harddrive lol

---------- Post added at 02:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 02:46 AM ----------

sorry to hear its still not working but you could try disk defragmentation? takes a few hours though.
Have you tried Shuting down?

what bit and hertz is your laptop (right click on my computer and then click properties)

sorry to hear its still not working but you could try disk defragmentation? takes a few hours though.
Have you tried Shuting down?

what bit and hertz is your laptop (right click on my computer and then click properties)
yeah still not working.:mad:
system type is 32-bit operating system and processor is 64 x2 dual core processor tk 57 1.90GHz

yeah still not working.:mad:
system type is 32-bit operating system and processor is 64 x2 dual core processor tk 57 1.90GHz

hmm how much hard disk space have you got left?

will respond back when i get back from tesco

try running a virus scanner and see what the results are