Favourite Sporting Moments

I have 2 really.

The first one being that Goal against argentina by Beckham, Simply brilliant. the buzz around the country was brilliant. just special.

The secound being thr Ashed Win in 2005. OMG did that really happen. it was amazing, Shane warnes heriocs all the way through. Freddie Flintoff seeming like he was a one man team at times. KP 150 at headingly. God that was special. Best sporting moment and Series ever

Last edited:
I have 2 really.

The first one being that Goal against argentina by Beckham, Simply brilliant. the buzz around the country was brilliant. just special.

The secound being thr Ashed Win in 2005. OMG did that really happen. it was amazing, Shane warnes heriocs all the way through. Freddie Flintoff seeming like he was a one man team at times. KP 150 at headingly. God that was special. Best sporting moment and Series ever.

I know im going to get hated but... what happened when England came to Australia??? 5-0??? Whitewash, I think we won that ;)

Portsmouth 7-4 Reading.

Went to that game for my mates birthday, the best game of football I've ever watched live.

[COLOR=#00e0][/COLOR]

I know im going to get hated but... what happened when England came to Australia??? 5-0??? Whitewash, I think we won that ;)

Lucky Series for you ;)

What happened when you came to england again this year.

What word did Straussy use to describe you lot. Auraless was it.

You wait hoping to make the trip this winter for our first series win on Aussie soil for 74years.

Taking the lead against France in the 2nd leg of the playoff. Most nerve racking game of football ive ever watched. Only for a certain Thierry handing his team the win it would of been worth it, now everything about the World Cup depresses me :(

Champions League Final 2005 and FA Cup Final 2006. Beautifull.

Mine was in my birthday this year, in a Benfica game against Marseille, in the 2nd leg. We've drawn 1-1 at Lisbon and at the Velodrome we started losing, but then finished winning 1-2. In the next game we faced Liverpool, but I guess that the rest of the story is already known :)

YouTube- Marseille 1-2 Benfica - Match Highlights

I find it funny for the people who actually paid 20 quid to see 1 round XD.
It was even funnier because it was Khans first fight since giving his fans the finger and taking Sky's money to get exclusive rights to his fights.

Vålerenga's 4-1 win over Lyn, our first win over them in 28 years. Me, my mate and my cousin didn't know what to do.

Oh, and Norway beating Brazil twice; 2-1 and 4-2, and then hearing the manager blaming his players for watching too much **** the night before.

Last edited:
1) Being at the Champions League final in Moscow to see the mighty Mancester United beat Chelsea.

2) the Undertaker beating Shawn Michaels at WrestleMania 26 to end his career.

Although I loved the 1999 champions league final injury time it has got to be the 2008 penalty shoot. John Terry stepping up knowing that all he has to do is score his penalty and Chelsea have won their first champions league, and we all know what happend next. :D

Playing for my local team in a final of Yorkshire cup (sumet lik that) againsttt a team like 8 divisions above us and hammering them 0-0 and winning on Pens (Clean sheet for me) :P

The champions league final 1999 was a very special moment.

'defonesions' is the word of the year :) I love stupid people.

First of all my own sporting memories.

Reaching the final of the regional U11 cup played at a 'real' stadium in the area, about 500 people turned up to watch. We were a small town team up against a team from the 'big city' of Peterborough and we were never expected to win. A close game saw us win 2-1 after i saved a penalty in the last minute. Ive still got the little cup each of us were given and as captain i got to keep the trophy which still sits in pride of place in my trophy cabinet.

Scoring the winning pen (as goalkeeper) in a cup final shootout when i was about 15.

The first time i got paid (admittedly a very small amount) to play the game i love. During that game (Boston United reserves v Newcastle reserves) i got lobbed 3 times by Lomano Lua Lua on his way to scoring 4 goals in 25 minutes as a second half substitute.....

Scoring 78* and 65 in 48 hours on a cricket tour in Barbados. For anyone (Redders, Greg, Becky) who knows about my poo story, it happened after this so ive kinda got an excuse....

Beating the MCC in the annual fixture played against my school. I didnt have a particularly good game with the bat, but i took 4 catches and 2 stumpings, we got smashed that night and still managed to beat a school team the following day, one of my best memories.

Now, onto my memories of brilliant sporting moments that ive witnessed.

99 Champions League final: I was in Barcelona with the family as a lad, we werent at the game but the atmosphere in the whole city was electric. We watched on TV in a bar, I remember running around like a nutter when the equaliser went in, then almost having a fit when we won it.

Ashes 2005, simply epic, i still go to sleep with the DVD on in the background sometimes.

Fulhams European run this season. Ive been to every home game except the Juve one :@:@:@

First FA cup final back at New Wembley. A poor game, and United lost, but it was a brilliant day nonetheless.

This man, my boyhood idol:

YouTube- Manchester United - Peter Schmeichel Saves

Last edited:
Back