FC Halifax Town - Not just a banking society.

TicTactition

Reaction score
View attachment 303197

FC Halifax Town, founded in 2008.

Managerial debutant Santiago Munez takes over at Halifax after a successful career in football.

View attachment 303204

Originally born in Mexico before moving to the United States, Santiago always knew what it was like playing lower league football and stayed true to himself when he said he would return to the depths of the game one day. Halifax Town will come to a shock to people but they was willing to offer me a job in the managerial area. I will be looking to apply fluid football and attacking forces even at this low down in the footballing pyramid. I will look to sign players of a young age but I need experience as I want to keep the club in a healthy state and sell players for profit and produce our own players as I will always be looking to upgrade the facilities. We will always be looking for loan players if we need back-up or can improve the squad. I can guarantee the fans of Halifax they will be in for an exciting season with me at the helm.

View attachment 303201

The Facilities need to be upgraded and I will be pestering the board all season for every single thing to be upgraded, hopefully we can go on a cup run so that we can finance things more quickly.

View attachment 303202

We are predicted to finish 2nd in this league but anything can happen, my target is to finish 1st and get promoted as Champions. We will need to get off on a fast start if we want to have a good shout of finishing 1st.

View attachment 303203

As you can see, all areas of the team are fairly strong with some that could do with a little work but we will look into this and sort it out.

Hoy, el viaje comienza
Today the journey begins.

Last edited:
Pre-Season.

View attachment 303212

'Your team is only as strong as the weakest player despite the superstars'

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tactics

View attachment 303214 View attachment 303215

These are the tactics I am employing into my play, some people may argue lower league players do not have the quality to move the ball around and play beautiful football, but I disagree. We will show them what we can achieve and to what heights we want to climb to.

View attachment 303216View attachment 303217

Two good messages I have received at the start of the season, I will be looking to improve everything I can all of the time as I believe youth is the way forward. Barcelona for example in their squad have produces the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Messi, Busquets, Puyol, Pique and many many more. I want to have homegrown players from Halifax all in the XI. But that is dreaming and a long way away.

View attachment 303218

A young lad in the youth team which I will be looking to use from time to time and could possibly stake a claim for the first team in the future, nothing really special lying in our youth team at this moment in time.

Friendlys.

View attachment 303219
Slightly disappointed with the Fleetwood result as we didn't really deserve to concede 4 goals but I won't get downhearted as they are only friendlies. There was some positives though, we was playing very nice football.

Transfers.

View attachment 303213
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

August / Agosto

View attachment 303223

'Either we heal now as a team, or we are going to die as individuals'
Any Given Sunday

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchday 1
Saturday 18th August 2012
Blue Square Bet North
Woodside Park

Bishops Stortford 0 - 2 FC Halifax Town
Bolland, Seddon

MOTM: Jordan Richards

Brilliant start to the league, we bossed Stortford from minute one till minute ninety, we showed that we can get the ball down and play football and not just play hoofball. I was very impressed with the team and the result was very rewarding, we will head into the next match full of confidence.

Matchday 2
Tuesday 21st August 2012
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 3 - 0 Colwyn Bay
Seddon (2), A.Baker

MOTM: Gareth Seddon

Well another game which we dominated and the stats show the truth, 20 shots on target compare to Colwyn Bay's 2. Also we bossed possession 70-30. We look really up for this season and asif we want to compete. I will reserve my judgement of making BOLD statements though as anything can go wrong at any time.

Matchday 3
Saturday 25th August 2012
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 2 - 4 Workington
Smith, A.Baker

MOTM: Gary Smith

Well, today was just all wrong. We got undone by route one tactics and can agree that we didn't deserve anything from this match. We was poor and looked like we didn't want to win the game.

Matchday 4
Monday 27th August 2012
Blue Square Bet North
Horsfall Stadium

Bradford Park Avenue 1 - 2 FC Halifax Town
Townley, Harrop

MOTM: Lewis Townley

Well comeback kings springs to mind. 1-0 down till the 88th minute where the young regen Townley came off the bench to equalise for us and showed brilliant composure to finish the ball from 8 yards. Then Max Harrop in the 92nd minute showed class from 30 yards and smashed a volley into the top corner which deserved the 3 points alone

Player of the month

View attachment 303227

Gareth Seddon
3 goals in 4 games shown why he is one of the most powerful strikers in this league.

League Table

View attachment 303231

September / Setiembre

View attachment 303232

'Play for the name on the front of the shirt and they will remember the name on the back'
Tony Adams.

FA Cup 2nd round qualifying draw:

FC Halifax Town v Esh Winning
Easily winnable.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Matchday 5
Saturday 1st September 2012
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 1 - 0 Oxford City
R.Baker, Lowe sent off

We should have scored more at The Shay today. We had 2 goals disallowed which should have perfectly stood and when Danny Lowe was sent off I ordered my men to sit back a little more and not leave ourselves exposed to the counter attack as we only had 10 men but we stuck it out and came away with another 3 points. We will play league leaders Chester next.

Matchday 6
Wednesday 5th September 2012
Blue Square Bet North
The Deva Stadium

Chester FC 0 - 3 FC Halifax Town
R.Baker, Seddon, Hogan, Bolland sent off

MOTM: A.Baker

Well this game lived up to its reputation, two red cards and ten yellow cards it was evident that both teams was very keen to win the game. We was without doubt the best team and we should of really hit the net more than we did although 3-0 sounds like a brilliant result. We put Chester to the sword and showed our capabilities in this league we can take it by the horns and get that top spot.

Matchday 7
Saturday 8th September 2012
Blue Square Bet North
Greene King Stadium

Hinckley United 0 - 2 FC Halifax Town
A.Baker, Smith

MOTM: Liam Hogan

Well anything didn't look like going according to plan today as when we approached the half-time neither side had taken a shot at goal all game and the game became tedious to watch. We needed a spark so I sent Adam Baker wide right and he was brilliant as he tore the left-back of Hinckley a new bumhole. A day he will want to forget. Positive on the clean sheet note with Liam Hogan taking the MOTM award.

Matchday 8
Saturday 15th September 2012
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 2 - 0 Gloucester City
Seddon (2)

Well I thought it was going to be one of those games where we wouldn't win. We was controlling everything but in the first half it seemed someone had paid the referee to make some decisions, they was ridiculous and could of cost us the game. We still grinded our way through and in the second half Gareth showed his class yet again bagging a brace for the team.

Saturday 22nd September 2012
FA Cup Second Qualifying Round
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 4 - 0 Esh Winning
Smith, Townley (3)

I decided to give Gareth a rest as he looked very jaded, up stepped Lewis Townley the young regen to show us if he can deliver the goods against a lower team and I would give him a full 90 minutes, its safe to say he didn't disappoint going home with an FA Cup matchball which will be a memory to saviour on his full-debut. I will be looking to use him more as his pace frightens the life out of defenders.

FA Cup Third Qualifying Round draw:

FC Halifax Town
vs Mossley
again, very winnable.

Matchday 9
Saturday 29th September 2012
Blue Square Bet North
The Glassworld Stadium

Histon
2 - 0 FC Halifax Town

Disappointed - Yes. But we cannot win every game although we would like too. We conceded both goals from set-pieces so it will be something I will look to work on in training. If we would have won we would of started creating a gap between us and the others but it wasn't to be so. We will start again next game.

Player of the month

View attachment 303270

Liam Hogan
Has been a rock for us at the back and staked his claim to start in the XI every week.

League Table

View attachment 303272

Last edited:
Updates later as I am going to watch Grimsby Town vs Hyde FC, Should be fun.

October / Octubre

View attachment 303372

'We play as a team, we win as a team.'

Matchday 10
Tuesday 2nd October 2012
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 4 - 1 Vauxhall Motors
A.Baker, Seddon (2), Townley

We came out of the blocks very fast and scored within 30 seconds, We looked up for it from the start and it showed with a four goal battering against Vauxhall. Gareth Seddon was the most noticeable player with two goals an an assist he put in a classy performance which the fans gave him a standing ovation for when Townley came on in the 85th minute to replace him. Barely two minutes after coming on, Townley registered himself and showed me why he should be getting picked.

Saturday 6th October 2012
The FA Cup Third Qualifying Round
The Shay

FC Halifax Town
5 - 0 Mossley
R.Baker, Townley, A.Baker (3)

MOTM: Adam Baker

Another game which I was comfortable of winning so I played the youngster Townley instead of Seddon and it is safe to say I will be looking at him now as a rotation partner rather than a youth player, a goal and two assists was brilliant by the 16 year old and I believe he will have a big future in the game. But the game was about Adam Baker who took the matchball home after a beautiful hattrick which consisted of a 25 yard volley and a 30 yard freekick. The youngster would have been in dreamland after this.

FA Cup Fourth Qualifing Round draw:

FC Halifax Town vs Harrogate Town or Guiseley
Very winnable and with our league form, we should book ourselves in the first round.

Matchday 11
Saturday 13th October 2012
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 3-0 Boston United
Lowe, A.Baker, Seddon

Another three points in the bag today and we played excellent yet again, Boston looked shellshocked when we attacked them with precision passing and direct running. I couldn't pick the Man of the Match if it was up to me because the whole team played well and all worked for one another and backed eachother up in the forward stages of play.

Saturday 20th October 2012
FA Cup Fourth Qualifying Round
The Shay

FC Halifax Town
2 - 2 Harrogate Town
Smith, Harrop

MOTM: Max Harrop

Well I decided to play Townley today as he has been brilliant in the FA Cup this season and it would be unfair to deny him his chance as he has been brilliant for us, it was just unlucky he couldn't strike today. I was very unhappy to have lost a two goal lead as I felt the team got a little complacent. I let that be a warning as next time they might not be so lucky.

Wednesday 24th October 2012
FA Cup Fourth Round Replay
Wetherby Road

Harrogate Town 1 - 1 FC Halifax Town (1-4 Pens)
Seddon

We left things down to the wire here as we left it down to penalties. We didn't plat like we know we can but we still advance into the next round where we will play... you will have to see the draw. We must be more clinical in these games and Seddon saved us our spares against Harrogate this time round.

FA Cup First Round Draw:

Plymouth Argyle vs FC Halifax Town
Tougher and two leagues above, could be tricky.

Matchday 12
Saturday 27th October 2012
Blue Square Bet North
St James Park

Brackley Town 0 - 2 FC Halifax Town
Smith, Seddon

A tale of two halfs this game was, first half we should have had around 5 goals and we looked absolute excellent. The second half it looked like everyone forgot to play football. We was lucky to come away with all three points but champions win games when they are not playing well so maybe it was an omen. After this game Brackley fired their manager.

Matchday 13
Tuesday 30th October 2012
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town
0 - 2 Harrogate Town

MOTM: None.

Well I think Harrogate are a bogey team of ours as we have failed to beat them in three tries and they got the better of us today. We was struck by injuries and barely could name a bench. We cannot win every game like mentioned but I would like a good solid performance which we didn't deliver today and I am left disappointed.

Player of the month.

View attachment 303386

Gary Smith
Some very classy performances this month winning us games on his own.

League Table

View attachment 303387

Last edited:
November / Noviembre

View attachment 303388

'One club, one love'

We also received some good news after I had a quick chat with the board.

View attachment 303396

Saturday 3rd November 2012
FA Cup First Round
Home Park

Plymouth Argyle 2 - 2 FC Halifax Town
Seddon, Townley

What a fantastic result!! We have earned a replay at home against Plymouth who are flying high in the nPower League 2. We really took the game to them aswell wanting to show them we wasnt prepared to wait for them to attack. We should have took the win really but veteran striker Jon Macken was the difference for them today

Matchday 14
Wednesday 7th November 2012
Blue Square Bet North
Moss Lane

Altrincham 1 - 0 FC Halifax Town

MOTM: Danny Lowe
We didn't create anything today or even look like we could manage a 5-yard pass. We will have to improve if we want to keep our place at the top of the table as it could be under threat with performances like these.

Saturday 10th November 2012
FA Trophy Third Qualifying Round
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 2 - 1 Altrincham
Seddon (2)

Revenge was sweet from the previous match where they managed to ****** a goal from us, but this victory came at a price. 4 Players injured and with our already wire thin squad this could cause a massive upset but we want to stay on the positive of things and try and keep the winning feeling around everyone.

English FA Trophy First Round Draw:

FC Halifax Town
v Stockport County
Again, will be hard but we can do it.

Wednesday 14th November 2012
FA Cup First Round Replay
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 3 - 3 Plymouth Argyle
(4-3 pens)
Hackney, A.Baker, Seddon

WE HAVE DONE IT!!! We are through to the 2nd round of the FA Cup and dare we think if we win we could face a giant? That would be dreaming but we still have to wait to see who we are drawn against. We more than matched Plymouth Argyle but they had the extra bit of quality but we had more grit and determination to succeed.

FA Cup Second Round Draw:

Oxford United v FC Halifax Town

Matchday 15
Saturday 17th November 2012
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town
1 - 1 Droylsden
R.Baker

MOTM: Richie Baker

All of the lads looked very leggy and tired, but we did well to get a 1-0 lead and we hung on untill the 89th minute where a cross was floated in harmlessly and Glennon let it slip right through his hands and cost us the game. I had a private chat with him at the end of the game to say you must stay focused at all times. If you lose focus, you allow the opponents to get the edge over you.

Matchday 16
Wednesday 21st November 2012
Blue Square Bet North
Nethermoor

Guiseley FC 3 - 1 FC Halifax Town
Seddon

Another ridiculous performance, Glennon will be dropped from the next game that is a guarantee after having yet another shocker which has cost us the points. We didn't look good or we didn't look interested, if that's the case we may aswell not have turned up and just given them the three points. I am on the lookout for fresh hungry talent to replace some players.

Saturday 24th November 2012
FA Trophy First Round
The Shay

FC Halifax Town
1 -2 Stockport County
Newton

MOTM: Billy Newton
(Regen & Debutant)

Can't be too displeased at this result as Stockport are a bigger club than us and their class showed at times but four games without a win is very worrying indeed and we will need to buckle up in this situation in order to gain promotion as everyone will be snapping at our heels after catching up to us.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Player of the month

View attachment 303397

Gareth Seddon
The bloke just bangs goals in for fun in this league.

League Table.

View attachment 303398

Last edited:
December / Deciembre

View attachment 303399

Hopefully Santa Claus would bring us a change of fortune for Christmas.

Saturday 1st December 2012
FA Cup Second Round
The Kassam Stadium

Oxford United
1 - 1 FC Halifax Town
Marshall

Well this was a clash for a place in the 3rd round of the FA Cup which would be more than a great achievement for a club like us. Oxford bossed the play from early on but we kept going and going at them which I credit my team for and we came away with a replay at home, hopefully we can get some extra fans through the turnstiles to spur us on to a victory.

Matchday 17
Wednesday 5th December 2012
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town
1 - 0
Solihull Moors
Harrop

I became worried pre match because of the streak of games we had gone without winning and as we approached half time 0-0 I didn't want to think about the end result but we rolled up our sleeves in the second half and we got the result we wanted.

Matchday 18
Saturday 8th December 2012
Blue Square Bet North
St. Georges Lane

Worcester City 1 - 0 FC Halifax Town

MOTM: Simon Hackney

Very disappointed with the result obviously but we created alot of chances which is a positive from the game, I hope we are saving all the goals for the replay against Oxford which is for a 4th round draw against a big crowd I will reveal!! However we must take points from games like these if we are to win this league.

Wednesday 12th December 2012
FA Cup Third Round Replay
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 3 - 2 Oxford United
Seddon, Townley, Harrop

There it is!!! Fourth round of the FA Cup here we come and we are raking the money in from the prize rounds which is good for the clubs coffers, The youngster Townley brought it home with a 90th minute winner and I was told by members of the club that scouts from Sheff Utd, Notts Forest and Millwall was in the stands having a look at him.

FA Cup Fourth Round Draw:

Cardiff City v FC Halifax Town
Will be very lucky to come away with anything from this game.

Matchday 19
Saturday 15th December 2012
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 3 - 0 Bishop's Stortford
Marshall, Townley (2)

Today was all about the youngster once again. Grabbing himself a brace and an assist for the game wasn't bad for the onlooking scouts. He booked his place in the XI after last game vs Oxford and again he didn't disappoint. Gareth and him are fighting to keep eachother out of the team which is a delight as a manager to have that dilemma! Note: Gareth is also Lewis's tutor.

Matchday 20
Saturday 22nd December 2012
Blue Square Bet North
Llanelian Road

Colwyn Bay 1 - 3 FC Halifax Town
O.G, Bolland, Needham

MOTM: Phil Bolland

Well what a interesting match!! We went ahead due to a clearance from Jamie Green from around 80 yards and low and behold it dipped the keeper and we took the lead early on. Also when Needham scored he got himself injured by celebrating which I found very stupid.

Matchday 21
Wednesday 26th December 2012
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town
3 - 1 Gainsborough Trinity
Marshall (3)

MOTM: Paul Marshall

Paul Marshall is taking all the plaudits today after a hattrick from the middle of the field like a true champion also he walked away with the matchball. He brings a nice feel to the dressing room aswell and all the team was delighted for him to have such a good game. We are nearing the January transfer market. Will anybody be moving?

Matchday 22
Saturday 29th December 2012
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 2 - 1 Corby Town
Marshall, Rainford

MOTM: Paul Marshall

Back to our winning streak and we will also be topping the table going into the new year which is brilliant. Marshall got himself on the scoresheet for a second game in the row, Rainford the forgotton striker came off the bench to net the winner for us.

Player of the month

View attachment 303717

Lewis Townley
The cup hero put in some vital performances this month.

League Table.

View attachment 303718

Last edited:
Santiago Munez, hehe ;)
You are doing great thus far. Are you looking for promotion next season as well? And are the tacttics you stated above the tactics you have been using the whole time? - Same formation?

Santiago Munez, hehe ;)
You are doing great thus far. Are you looking for promotion next season as well? And are the tacttics you stated above the tactics you have been using the whole time? - Same formation?

Yes I had to change from Raùl you see haha! Yes I am, signing players under 23 so I can develop them myself. Yes they are, obviously if I am nervous i'll play a little more defensively.

Nice start, I did an FC Halifax game on FM10 and took them from Step 8 to the Championship before my game crashed, it's a club with plenty of potential!

Nice start, I did an FC Halifax game on FM10 and took them from Step 8 to the Championship before my game crashed, it's a club with plenty of potential!

They are, I just hope I can take them all the way.

January / Enero

View attachment 303763

Youngster secures valuable gametime at AFC Fylde.

View attachment 303783

£206,000 in gate receipts this month which has helped us financially massively and will be used to fund next seasons budget.

Matchday 23
Tuesday 1st January 2013
Blue Square Bet North
The Northolme

Gainsborough Trinity 1 - 0 FC Halifax Town

We just didn't get the engines running today. I don't feel negative after a game like this I feel alot of pain but I take alot away from this match as we learn that we must play our way not anybody elses, I am developing as a manager all of the time. In the second half it showed the toll of this season as the second half took its physical toll on us.

Saturday 5th January
FA Cup Third Round
Cardiff City Stadium

Cardiff City
3 - 0 FC Halifax Town

MOTM: Everyone.

We may have lost today but we have done ourselves incredibly proud in this tournament and I was not feeling in any way angry as the boys have done the club very very proud and we owe them alot. The fans was brilliant aswell as 2,000 of them travelled in strong voice and I would like to say thankyou to them aswell, they was the 12th man today but unfortunately they was no way past Cardiff. Note: Cardiff was away at Brighton next game and the game was televised for £500,000 :(

Matchday 24
Wednesday 9th January 2013
Blue Square Bet North
Whaddon Road

Gloucester City
1 - 0 FC Halifax Town

MOTM: None.
Livid. The players have totally undermined themselves from the past cup game, nobody wanted to take the lead or wear the shirt with pride. I can guarantee that if they do not put in the shifts after this warning, they will not wear the colours of Halifax ever ever again. I come to run a successful business and football club not to see lazy bastards toss it off.

Matchday 25
Saturday 12th January 2013
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town3 - 1 Hinckley United
Marshall, Seddon, A.Baker

MOTM: Danny Lowe

Well the telling factor today was the experience of our side to the youngsters. It played very well against Hinckley as they had a very youthistic team with no real raw quality, we don't need to pinpoint individual performances but we did well as a team and we keep leading the charge for the title.

Matchday 26
Saturday 19th January 2013
Blue Square Bet North
Court Place Farm

Oxford City0 - 5 FC Halifax Town
Harrop, Seddon (4)

Five goals away from home, would you believe that! We absolutely killed Oxford and they was powerless as Seddon got a double brace against them today. The pace and power killed them off and they couldn't handle us and eventually they buckled under the pressure. We are leading the way for the title.

Matchday 27
Wednesday 30th January 2013
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 1 - 0 Chester FC
Marshall

MOTM: Phil Bolland

Well a brilliant goal was enough to settle this game. Marshall received the ball on the halfway line and took on a man before unleashing a 35 yard strike at goal which struck the crossbar and bounced over the line. Possibly the best goal I have ever seen and will be a best contender for goal of the season.

Player of the month

View attachment 303784

Gareth Seddon
Leagues top scorer, just pure brilliance.

League Table.

View attachment 303785

February / Febrero

View attachment 303786

'If I had to chose between dribbling past 5 players and scoring from 40 yards at Anfield or ******** Mrs.World; it would be a hard choice. Thankfully I've done both.'

View attachment 303789View attachment 303790

We signed Adam Baker on a permanent from Bradford, I believe he will be good enough for the Blue Square Premier if we get promoted and he has been one of the best players this year for us.

Matchday 28
Saturday 2nd February 2013
Blue Square Bet North
Steel Park

Corby Town
1 - 1 FC Halifax Town
A.Baker

Well yet again we have failed to capitalise on our chance to pull away from the group. We are making it tough for ourselves and it will go down to the wire and the pressure will hang on our shoulders, it is up to us to make up for the shabby performances we have had.

Matchday 29
Saturday 9th February 2013
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 4 - 1 Histon
Smith, Seddon, A.Baker (2)

We put in the performance of the season here, and possibly the point where we bridge ourselves from most others. Histon was 3rd and it was a top of the table clash, basically a six-pointer for us and we didn't just win, we won in style.

Matchday 30
Saturday 16th February 2013
Blue Square Bet North
The Butchers Arms Ground

Droylsden 0 - 2 FC Halifax Town
A.Baker, Harrop, Bolland sent off

Baker has won man of the match for the third game running and was excellent all game today, bags of pace and energy non of the Droylsden defence could handle him. I am glad we managed to tie him down to a deal as he has been one of our most valuable players this year and is a big part of our future plans. We always controlled the game despite the sending off.

View attachment 303792 View attachment 303793 View attachment 303794

I have never seen this before but I was delighted and it shows me and Gareth have a good working relationship.

Matchday 31
Saturday 23rd February 2013
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 0 - 2 Stalybridge Celtic

Total and utter garbage, I told the players to go home tonight and have a long hard look at themselves and come back to me tomorrow for I would question them how bad do they want it.

Matchday 32
Tuesday 26th February 2013
Blue Square Bet North
Rivacre Park

Vauxhall Motors
0 - 1 FC Halifax Town
Smith

We didn't play our best today but we won, a sign of champions. Winning when you are not playing well is foreshadowing the future, I hope. We are going into the last 10 matches where 30 points are available and anything can happen in that time.

Player of the month

View attachment 303795

Adam Baker
Delighted with the young man, couldn't ask for more.

League Table.

View attachment 303796

March / Marzo

View attachment 303797

'Some people think football is a matter of life and death, I can assure them.. It's much more than that'

Youth Intake wasn't special but I have two players who could feature a little next year.

View attachment 303812View attachment 303813

Matchday 33
Saturday 2nd March 2013
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 4- 2 Worcester City
Seddon (2), Toulsen, Worsley

Vital win today and the man himself Seddon struck twice again to win against minnows of the division Worcester. We are growing in confidence each game and we would like to believe now we have full momentum to push forward and stamp the 1st position within the month.

Matchday 34
Saturday 9th March 2013
Blue Square Bet North
Damson Park

Solihull Moors
3 - 0 FC Halifax Town

**** performance, let ourselves down.

Matchday 35
Saturday 16th March 2013
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 4 - 2 Brackley Town
Seddon (2), Harrop, Marshall

I thought we was going to throw this one away to be honest. We are very lucky to have scored lots of early goals including yet another peach from Marshall, he seems to have a wit of scoring absolute crackers in this league.

Matchday 36
Saturday 23rd March 2013
Blue Square Bet North
Wetherby Road

Harrogate Town 1 - 2 FC Halifax Town
A.Baker, Townsley

MOTM: Lewis Townsley

YES BIGGEST RESULT OF THE SEASON!!!! The 6 pointer at the top of the league nothing has seperated us at all this season and we went down to Harrogate through a penalty and they hit us hard until Adam Baker struck an equaliser in the 65th minute for us, low and behold Lewis Townsley scored the winner in the 90th minute and the away end of Wetherby Road just shook. We have taken the advantage.

Matchday 37
Saturday 30th March 2013
Blue Square Bet North
Borough Park

Workington 1 - 2 FC Halifax Town
A.Baker, Smith

Well we pulled from behind once more as we seem to be comeback kings although not preferable it is getting us the points, not to mention that Harrogate lost today meaning the gap is increased to 7 points. We must keep going till we know it is officially ours!

Player of the month

View attachment 303832

Gareth Seddon
Need I say more about the legend himself.

League Table

View attachment 303834

April / Avril

View attachment 303836

'Either we heal now as a team, or we die as individuals.'

Matchday 38
Monday 1st April 2013
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town
0 - 2 Bradford Park Avenue

We are not doing enough to get ourselves over that line!! We want to make it ours and the quicker the better, my nerves are at wits end!! Kenny Walker made his debut for the club today, it's a shame it was in a defeat. He was very positive though and will be in the squad again if he trains well.

Matchday 39
Saturday 6th April 2013
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town 3 - 0 Altrincham
A.Baker, Townley (2)

Brilliant result against the bottom team in the table who was tipped as one of the favourites to go up!! The youngsters winning us the game again and you would wonder why either of them have not got man of the match, because centre back Liam Hogan created all three goals and was very solid at the back. Brilliant result!!

Matchday 40
Saturday 13th April 2013
Blue Square Bet North
York Street

Boston United 0 - 1 FC Halifax Town
Marshall

A beautiful 30 yard freekick from Marshall to seal us the win today. ANDDDDDDDDD..................

View attachment 303853
WE ARE CHAMPIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Brilliant day for everyone at Halifax and we will never forget this season. More to follow after last two matches.

Matchday 41
Saturday 20th April 2013
Blue Square Bet North
The Shay

FC Halifax Town
4 - 3 Guiseley
Marshall, Townley (2), Walker

Well although we was champions we came away with another 3 points. Townley bagging a brace which is nice to see and Kenny Walker getting his first ever senior goal in only his second appearance in the colours of Halifax. We have some very good youngsters here and a squad that will go far..

Matchday 42
Saturday 27th April 2013
Blue Square Bet North
Bower Fold

Stalybridge Celtic 0 - 2 FC Halifax Town
Harrop, Townley

What a way to finish the season, Lewis Townley also bursting into life when given the chance along with Kenny Walker and Adam Baker. The youngsters have played exceptionally well this season along with the experiences heads in the team as such as Marshall, Seddon and Smith all guiding them along the way to create the champions of the Blue Square Bet North 2012/13!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Player of the month

View attachment 303874

Lewis Townley
What more can you expect from a 16 year old in his first full season? Around 15-20 goals he netted for us and he has years to improve!!!

Final League Table

View attachment 303875

AWARDS TO FOLLOW!!!

Pre Season

View attachment 304007

Youth level has once again been increased which is very pleasing to see.

View attachment 304008

There are new staff that have come in and will train the players to a better quality.

View attachment 304009

Most notably Gareth Seddons departure saddened alot of fans but I was not prepared to pay £800 for a player who would not be in my starting XI the next year. Below are screenshots of some of the best players we have picked up.

View attachment 304010View attachment 304011View attachment 304012
View attachment 304013View attachment 304014

​Anything else you would like to see please ask.

Back