FC Paços de Ferreira: Mission Europa League

Mathijssen

Reaction score
FC PAÇOS DE FERREIRA

Pacos%20de%20Ferreira.png

UNKNOWN MANAGER MATHEUS FONTANA TAKES CHARGE AT THE ESTÁDIO DA MATA REAL

The unknown Brazilian manager Matheus Fontana has been announced as the new manager of the team from the North of Portugal. Matheus signed a contract until July 2014, worth of 16,5 K per month. He said on press conference his main objective is change the status of Paços de Ferreira from Mid-table team to an European spots team.
fc%20pacos%20estadio.jpg

Source: zerozero.pt

PAÇOS DE FERREIRA STARTS THE SEASON WITH A WIN

22-01-2012-%20pa%C3%A7os%20de%20ferreira-vitoria%20de%20setubal-01.jpg

Os Castores
started the season with a thin victory against Vitória Setubal in Da Mata Real's stadium. Paços de Ferreira had more possession during the game, and reflected that with a goal scored by the debutant Brazilian striker Michel. The former Penafiel forward scored a powerful left foot effort from the edge of the area in the 20th minute of the game.

Paços de Ferreira will have a difficult task next weekend against current Liga Zon Sagres champions in Dragão Stadium. FC Porto is considered the strongest team in the league and main title contender. Vitória Setubal will receive Rio Ave in their stadium next weekend.​

Source: abola.pt

Last edited:

KLÉBER DOESN'T GIVE ANY CHANCE TO PAÇOS DE FERREIRA

I-will-improve,-says-FC-Portos-Kleber-121237.jpg

FC Porto ensured the predictions and won with easiness against FC Paços de Ferreira. Os Dragões always had the control of the game, and killed any glimpse of hope for Os Castores already in the first half.

The first goal for FC Porto was scored by a header of Rolando after a corner taken by James Rodríguez in the 3th minute of the game. Rolando almost scored from a header again in the 15th minute after James Rodríguez took a crossing free kick towards the box, but somehow Cássio sent the ball to corner.

In the 22th minute, the Uruguayan winger Cristian Rodríguez ran with the ball by the left side in a counter attack without being challenged, and delivered a strong low cross towards the far post where Kléber was there just to put the ball into the net. In the 39th minute of the game, the Portuguese International João Moutinho attempted a long range shot, but it gone way over the bar of Cássio.

Kléber scored again in the 41th minute, after receiving an wonderful pass by the Belgian midfielder Steven Defour through Paços de Ferreira left sector of the defensive line. This gave a confortable and reliable goal difference to FC Porto, giving them 3 points already.

FC Porto dominated the game in the second half too, managing to get 3 corners for them in a row, but didn't manage to score in any of those. Djalma and Moutinho also had their opportunities to enlarge the difference too.

Paços de Ferreira managed to score the honour goal in the 69th minute of the game, in a quite similar action of FC Porto's 2nd goal. The Paraguayan striker Lorenzo Melgarejo gave the assist to the Portuguese U19 International Caetano, product of FC Porto youth system.

Source: abola.pt

SPORTING CP SUFFERS TO WIN

1571726_w4.jpg

Sporting CP suffered a lot to win against Paços de Ferreira, playing in Paços stadium tonight. Paços de Ferreira's manager tested a new formation , using two advanced side backs to retain possession. Initially, this tactic seemed to be a wrong choice by their manager, after Sporting's first goal in the 4th minute, in a similar action of the 2nd goal of FC Porto in their last game. Things got worse for Paços in the 8th minute when Sporting's captain Polga headed the ball into the net after a cross from the Spanish winger Diego Capel.

Sporting had the chance to secure the win with Bojinov in the 24th minute, after a mistake by Fabio Faria. Paços de Ferreira reduced the difference with a close range effort by Lorenzo Melgarejo, being assisted by Paços vice-captain Manuel José, in the 41th minute of the first half.

In the second half, Paços de Ferreira new formation started to show some effect, when their ball possesion raised to 58-60 %. André Leão almost scored with a long range effort in the 56th minute, but the ball passed just over the bar. In the 71th minute, Caetano gave a superb pass to Melgarejo, who shoot the ball in the post, and it bounced clear. Sporting looked to be in a bad situation since that action, when Paços grew up in the game trying to score the equalizer, but Sporting could hold their goal difference until the end of the game.

Source: O Jogo (Portuguese Sports Newspaper)

PAÇOS DE FERREIRA EDGE NARROW GIL VICENTE GAME

2011-03-03-meia%20final-Nacional-Pa%C3%A7os%20de%20Ferreira-007.jpg

Young full back Diogo Figueiras gave Paços the 3 points today with a wonderful shot from the left wing, from about 45 meters. Both teams had numerous attempts of score, but the poor finishing of both teams made the game look quite boring.

Source: goal.com

Hey lads, Im happy and proud to announce I reached my objective! I qualified for 3rd phase of Europa League, won against Elfsborg (SWE) and on 4th phase I won against PAOK. Now Im on group stage against Celtic, Panathinaikos and BATE. I signed Nelson Rivas (former Internazionale), Nuno Gomes (Old as ****, but still valuable IMO), Andrea Gasbarroni (former Torino and Genoa), Inigo Perez (former Athletic) and Andre Vilas Boas (not the manager, but the player LOL ), all of them on free transfers!

Which me luck on this new challenge! More news soon!

Good luck i done a save with them and got europa league in the first season !

Good luck i done a save with them and got europa league in the first season !

Nice mate! :D Same as me.

By the way, I have the chance to take Sebastian Boenisch on a free transfer, and also Juan Arango. I might sell few players to try to pay their salaries.

Boenisch:
View attachment 240438

Im thinking to sell one of those players:

View attachment 240437View attachment 240439

Chemmam is currently better then Balde, and my staff reports Balde could play at the same level of Chemmam, and also, Balde has a cheaper wage, and also is five years younger. What you recommend? Should I stay with those three players and sell another? A lot of my players end their contracts this season, and I might not renew few of them. (=

Last edited: