• Thread starter Thread starter MCWachner
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 6
  • Views Views 3K

MCWachner

Reaction score
FC Porto
- My third season

(This is my first attempt to make a story, i will gladly take any kind of critic from everyone and i would love to get some advice from all of you!)
(FYI, i'm currently in my third season with Porto in the month of September, i will inform you of my current team and my progress through my first and second season as a manager of FC Porto)

FC Porto
Equipe de Porto

My goalkeepers are Hélton and Rafael Bracalli.
Hélton is my first-choice. He plays extraordinary in most of his matches except when it comes to teams outside the Premier League in Portugal. Then he loses all kind of focus on his game and fumbles the ball around in the air.
Rafael Bracalli is a great sub for Hélton. He's playing fine in the matches where i decide to choose him and does not make a lot of mistakes.

My defenders are Nicolas Otamendi, Rolando, Maicon, Jorge Fucile, Danilo, Alex Sandro and Alvaro Pereria.
I play with an ordinary 4 players defensive tactic.
I prefer:
Alvaro Pereria, Rolando, Otamendi, Danilo.
Alex Sandro, Pereria, Danilo and Fucile are all very fast players and can cross the ball to the right player again and again. Although Alvaro Pereria goes into the box and score a lot of goals unlike the other wingbacks.
My centerbacks are extraordinary! I don't wanna change anything here!
Otamendi is a one-man-army! He controls every position in the defense.
Rolando and Maicon are like twins, they know what to do as long as they are together.

My midfielders are Lucho Gonzales, Steven Defour, André Santos, Felipe Anderson, João Motinho, Gylfi Sigurdson.
I play with 2 center midfielders.
This position is a battlefield! Every single one of these players deserves to be here but i don't really know which one to prefer. I normally play with Moutinho in since he is my vice-captain and my Portuguese version of Frank Lampard.
(Feel free to comment my center midfielders)

My offensive midfielders are Christian Rodriguez, James Rodriguez, Fernando Belluschi, Juan Iturbe.
I play with 3 offensive midfielders.
I prefer Christian Rodriguez on the left, James in the center and then Belluschi or Hulk on the right. Everyone of them is a dynamite! Man, they score so many goals!

My strikers are Kleber, Hulk and Kelvin.
I play with one lonely striker up front.
I prefer Kleber since he is able put the ball inside the back of the net with a calm foot.
Kelvin is still a youngster but he plays well.
Hulk is... Well, the Incredible Hulk.

View attachment 243118

First season went well with FC Porto.
We won the Premier League, Supertaca and Taca de Portugal.
Second season was decent.
We only won the Supertaca, lost in the semi finals of Taca de Portugal and came in second in the Premier League.

NOW!
The third season is underway!

FRIENDLIES:

Dalian 1-0
Qingdao 2-0

PREMIER LEAGUE:

Beira-Mar 3-0
Academica 4-0
Gil Vicente 1-0
Sporting Lissabon 0-1
:(
Naval 6-0

CHAMPIONS LEAGUE:

Juventus: 1-1
(Oh right! My Champions League is Chelsea, Juventus and Malaga!)

I will now make my attempt to go live and write this story about my FC Porto career. Wish me luck!
:)

Last edited:
Leixoes gets the three points at Estadio Dragao!

article-1251125-0847F6FF000005DC-496_468x340.jpg

"Leixoes fought hard to win against the superstars of FC Porto"

FC Porto - Leixoes
0-1

A goal from midfielder Rekish settled the match at Estadio Dragao. The manager of FC Porto, Marcus Wachner was furious and outraged with his players performance that night.
Nicolas Otamendi: "Marcus is right, we did perform horribly last night and we did not finish our chances infront of the goal.
Journalist: "Do you still believe that FC Porto has a shot at winning the league this season?"
Nicolas Otamendi:"Well sure, right now everyone has a chance of winning the league but i'm sure that we will finish at the top of the league when this season is over.

The defeat against Leixoes was FC Porto's second defeat in this season and came as a shock when the Dragons of Oporto walked away from the pitch without points.

sky-sports-news.jpg

why would you write "Las Portistas" and "el equipo" in a story about a portuguese team when we speak portuguese and not spanish? If uoy're going to translate something, at least do it in the right language...

Malaga vs FC Porto

Jose-Salomon-RondonFCV1.jpg

"Rondon after scoring the equalizer against FC Porto"
Bitter day for FC Porto fans as they return home from Malaga with only one point.
Malaga 1-1
FC PortoRondon 44' - Hulk 12'

Both sides could have won this match today but a brilliant player from Malaga called Rondon deserves to get some critic. He dribled through Rolando and Otamendi before he scored against the Dragons of Oporto.

Malaga were the best team on the pitch when they played against FC Porto in the Champions League group. Both teams had a lot of chances but FC Porto seemed to miss every single opportunity that they had while Malaga was being stopped by leftback and rightback of FC Porto: Alex Sandro and Danilo. Manager Marcus Wachner and player James Rodriguez where called to the press conference.

Journalist "Mr. Wachner, what did you think went wrong with your team today?"
Wachner "Well, we didn't use our chances that well, our finishes were always off target and we just couldn't communicate up front."
Journalist "James, you were probably the best player in the offensive side of FC Porto today, how did you see the situation today?"
Rodriguez "I don't blame any of my teammates today for the lack of performance. Playing in the Euro Champions Cup or the Euro Cup is always a lot harder than playing at home in Portuguese League, we just need to keep our focus and we will be back on our feet again soon."
Journalist "Mr. Wachner, who do you think were the best players on your side today?"
Wachner "The, best players today were obviously Danilo, Alex Sandro and James Rodriguez. Yeah sure, Hulk scored but that's it! He was completely anonymous the rest of the match"
Journalist "Your next match is against Rio Ave, do you think that you will win this match?"
Wachner "Absolutely, my team just needs to be a bit more focused that is all"
Journalist "I thank both of you for taking the time to answer these questions"
Wachner and Rodriguez "Thank you"

Last edited:
Rio Ave vs FC Porto

Porto-defender-Rolando-Fo-007.jpg

”Rolando failed to resist the strikers from Rio Ave”

Rio Ave – FC Porto

1-1

Tariq
36’ – Kleber 43’

MOTM

Hulk

Can-Porto-Striker-Hulk-be-Ronaldos-Successor-for-Brazil.jpg

“Despite Hulk winning the MOTM award, he failed to bring FC Porto the 3 points that they needed today”

FC Porto failure continues as their third match end without a win.

Another day, another match and another unfortunate day to be a FC Porto fan. FC Porto is lacking commitment and communication throughout their matches and this has been proven again and again and again. Still the morale of the team is sky high and they still believe that they are able to win the league.

Hulk showed his skills as he performed in the match against Rio Ave and managed to score the equalizer. Although the equalizing goal was not enough to give them the 3 points that they needed.
Marcus Wachner denied showing up at and talking to press after the match, some say he’s nervous because he is absolutely sure that FC Porto will lose against Chelsea in their next match.

Who knows?

Juan_Mata_Chelsea.jpg

“Juan Mata has scored 5 goals for Chelsea this season, will he be able to sink the men from Oporto?”

Morten Olsen fired

dbu-logo.gif

“Morten Olsen has been fired as manager of the Danish football team”

DBU has decided to fire Morten Olsen as the manager of their national football team.
The next manager has not yet been revealed but every media points towards:

Michael Laudrup

Marcus Wachner

Peter Bonde

Jesper Grønkjær

Preben Elkjær

It has not yet been decided who it will be, but DBU says that the manager will be revealed tomorrow.​

Back