CFC88

Reaction score
View attachment 151734

MANAGER PROFILE

View attachment 151738

Name: Omari Tetradze
DateofBirth: 13th October 1969
Ambitions: Take Volga to the top.
Omari Tetradze will be a name well known for his 37 caps for Russia and getting FC Volga promoted to the premier league first time of asking. He played for many clubs during his playing career, filling in at right back. Despite his lack of managerial experience, The Volga fans have taken to him very well and is considered a legend around Nizny despite only being in the job for a year. Volga have developed an attacking approach to matches which has impressed many people around Eastern Europe and Asia and the performances landed him Manager of the Year for the Russian First Division for his successes. In next weeks issue, we will publish our exclusive interview with Otmar and we shall discuss what he intends to do with Volga this season.

World Exclusive....With Omari Tetradze

In last weeks issue of World Soccer we promised an interview with the manager of FC Volga, Omari Tetradze, who's reputation is growing rapidly around Eastern Europe and Asia. We sent Andriy Klitshcko over to Russia to give him an interview.

Andriy: Hello, Otmar thank you for speaking with me today !

Omari: It's a pleasure, i'd like to welcome you too Russia.

Andriy: Thank you, Where you surprised at how well you did in your first season at Volga ?

Omari: Yes, indeed the players were superb all season. And I believe we are in with a chance of another successful season.

Andriy: How did you approach games last season, and will you stick to that approach again this season ?

Omari: We went and attacked from the start every game, We were far the best footballing side in the division last season despite finishing second, and of course we shall stick to our game plan, yes we are in a higher league but we are better than alot of the opposition in this league.

Andriy: Who do you think will win the league this year ?

Omari: 100% FC Volga, We are better than Zenit and im not being biased, all I need is a few new faces to freshen things up and we will suceed this season.

Andriy: On the point of transfers, Do you have a few names in mind ?

Omari: Indeed, i have sent scouts around the world in search of talent and im pretty sure a few faces shall arrive shortly.

Andriy: This being your first managerial job, and despite getting the club promoted, do you think your lack of experience may hinder your success in the top divison ?

Omari: That is definately something the board and I discussed in December, But i managed to convince the board to give me a chance to prove myself as a premier division manager and im delighted they gave me it. Sorry, but im going to be late for training, GoodBye and thank you.

Andriy: Thanks very much.

View attachment 151762

It's obvious Omari is determined to succeed in football management, but may he be to cocky, we'll find out during the course of the season

Report by James Davidson
Head of Russian Football Section

Today FC Volga have announced that they have brought in 3 new faces during this current transfer window and manager Omari Tetradze has admitted there is still more to come !

Transfers IN

Nashat Akram
Free Transfer
Great Technique and good penalty taker

View attachment 151771

Mahir Sukurov
650k from Anzhi
Superb crossing ability

Blagoy Giorgiev
2.2 million from Terek
Brilliant all round player.

Nice to see stories from other countries. Will definately be checking in on this. :)