Ferdinand close to Man Utd return

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 455

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand returns to full training after recovering from a knee ligament injury ahead of schedule.

More...

Glad for him but i fear that he will never be the same player again.

Glad for him but i fear that he will never be the same player again.
He hasnt been injured for that long, it's not like it's an Eduardo sort of injury where he misses a whole season. He may of missed the world cup but he's only gonna miss a few games this season, I think he'll be fine. Lets look at it this way, Ferdinand has came back from injuries before which have been for a month or two and he's been just as good, I don't think United fans should worry about him not being as good as he was before the injury. :)

we're not talking a broken leg here, when hes come back hes always been good, hes just a little more injury prone, rather than it affecting his game

Is it just me (and it probably is) but when was the last time Ferdinand and Vidic played a good run of games together? Used to be awsome together but cant think when one wasnt missing

I know its not like a broken leg but dosen't he have problems with his back?? if so its not easy being battered by big strikers like Kevin Davies, Drogba, Chamakh etc and not feel pain after.

I know its not like a broken leg but dosen't he have problems with his back?? if so its not easy being battered by big strikers like Kevin Davies, Drogba, Chamakh etc and not feel pain after.

Doesn't matter if he feels pain, he's tough. If it hinders his playing, then its a worry, but a little pain never stopped anybody.

Doesn't matter if he feels pain, he's tough. If it hinders his playing, then its a worry, but a little pain never stopped anybody.

I know people can play through pain but surely if its a back problem it will lead to further complications later in his life?? Look im not mocking Rio infact i am a huge fan of the guy but im just worried he will never be his 100% self again.

I know people can play through pain but surely if its a back problem it will lead to further complications later in his life?? Look im not mocking Rio infact i am a huge fan of the guy but im just worried he will never be his 100% self again.
its not a problem if you watch how aggressive in the contact he is.

Back