Ferdinand to miss Carling Cup final

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 440

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United defender Rio Ferdinand will not play in Sunday's Carling Cup final against Aston Villa because of a back injury.

More...

What a **** surprise
United need to sell him otherwise he'll just die like Hargreaves :'(

Villa FTW.
Honestly even if he did play, it wouldn't bother me to much, as he has been poor this season.

England captain struggling for fitness tut tut, just like we knew he would.

Oh I thought it was going to say he suspended for punching another player in the face while on the pitch.. What a role model..

Oh I thought it was going to say he suspended for punching another player in the face while on the pitch.. What a role model..

come on andy, hardly a punch.

Anyway shame about rio. i think from wot i have gathered and seen, the injury seems fne when he plays continually, but when he stops and then goes back to playing, his back cant take the shock of it all. so i think utd should play a few friendlies when he gets suspended. so he can keep playing.

Or play him in the reserves...

This is disappointing, I hope it is just a twinge and nothing like the last one

he cant play for reserves when suspended, i think

Fair enough Rio is a great leader, but what is the point of being the England captain if you've got terrible injury problems of late.

Fair enough Rio is a great leader, but what is the point of being the England captain if you've got terrible injury problems of late.

People should have thought about that before they jumped on the bandwagan and were **** bent on replacing Terry as captain.

It would always be a risk when the next two best candidates are so injury prone.

Will be a loss but United have managed the majority of this season without either Rio or Vidic so i do not see why this will be any different.

he cant play for reserves when suspended, i think
He's not suspended anymore. His ban is over. Hopefully he isn't out for long.

Extremely dissapointed there is no "Anderson to miss carling cup final" thread by the bbc.:O

Injured passing the ******* ball.:@

Rio is the new Ledley King... there's no way he'll be able to play in all the World Cup games (if England get all the way to the final). won't be surprised to see Rooney made captain for the tournament now.

Back