• Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 16
  • Views Views 1K
Status
Not open for further replies.

ajt09

Nice Guy Gramps
Reaction score
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson, has admitted he is going to remain Manchester United manager for as long as his health will let him. "I have no plans to retire, I must say that and (my wife) Cathy is delighted. She would have thrown me out," Ferguson told MUTV at the club's annual awards ceremony.

Ferguson feeling fit | Manchester United News, Fixtures, Results, Transfers | Sky Sports

Think it's great to hear this to be honest. I can't believe it's 25 years ago already that he took charge at Old Trafford, and basically reshaped the club from top to bottom, bringing unparrelled success to the club. And even though he's had countless charges from the FA, had to deal with problems involving the players, all the tribulations that your normal managers wouldn't normally have........he still has that old glint in his eye.

But I am curious to hear from Man Utd fans, when he does eventually retire (which judging by the sounds of it could be in his 90s lol), who would you like to see take over the reins at the club? Moyes, who has proven he is a more than capable manager at Everton? Mourihno? Or maybe an ex-Man Utd player?

Looks like it's down to me to poison his morning orange juice then.

hope it isn't Boas as he is my ideal replacement for Wenger when he goes ;)

I heard Phil Neville on Radio1 Newsbeat saying Ryan Giggs would be one of his choices

What about Moyes, with Beckham as assistant manager in future-think Becks would have excellent man management and coaching skills, and knows the club inside out pretty much

I heard Phil Neville on Radio1 Newsbeat saying Ryan Giggs would be one of his choices

Suppose when Giggs finally retires Fergie could get him as a coach and then spend a few years giving him his invaluable experience and then let Giggs be manager when he retires finally

*Glare at Joel face*

I feel honoured you have a face just for me. <3

In fact, we should have AVB and then Neville as his assistant, just for maximum displeasure for you.

I feel honoured you have a face just for me. <3

In fact, we should have AVB and then Neville as his assistant, just for maximum displeasure for you.

The thought of Neville as a manager is awful. I don't think there's a footballer who I dislike as much as him.

Hey guyz I herd this Andres Villas Bowas guy wuz going to be Villa's coach guy lolz

Bit of a non-story, this. We all rather expected it when he didn't retire last time.

Last edited:
Would like to see a former Manchester United player take over, exampling Ryan Giggs when he hangs up his boots, then SAF helping him until he himself retires. Then, when that happens, maybe Paul Scholes, Rio Ferdinand or someone else could attend to the coaching staff.

I don't know, I've jus echoed the comments of someone else, but it looks likely.

Eric Cantona would be a dream choice. All the time i use Eric Cantona name to manage United in FM.

Solskjaer wont be bad either. I think once SAF announces his retirement, all the top managers will be linked with the job like Jose, Pep, AVB, Moyes. But i think it will down to Jose, Pep or Moyes.

Eric Cantona as a manager with Giggs as asst would be a dream..

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO :(
Good news for Man United though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back