• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 12
  • Views Views 635

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
sGG8E.jpg

Man United manager Sir Alex Ferguson says games are "running out" for their title rivals after a 1-0 win at Everton boosts their hopes of winning the Premier League.

More...

The thing that puzzles me is they [the media] keep saying Arsenal and Chelsea have got to play us still, like we're going to lose to them," added Ferguson. "But why shouldn't we win those games?

Yes, we have already beaten Chelsea thrice and Arsenal twice this season.
"Javier has done better than everyone expected," added Ferguson. "We thought that because it was his first year, he would just get used to the English game and get strengthened up.
"He has passed all those tests. He is first in at nine o'clock every morning and he is the last to leave. He is a truly dedicated boy."

Got to Love the dedication. He is going to be a massive player for us.

Hernandez said:
"Of course it's a dream come true, this season," he said. "If we win the Premier League, that's an unbelievable thing. If I could swap all the goals for us to win the league then I would do it.

Hernandez :wub:

I can see Hernandez becoming a club icon. It's difficult to dislike a guy who is so humble and dedicated, I think most englishmen admire his attitude

Man Utd have won the title already i think i hope we get 2nd as we haven't been 2nd since 2004-2005

I think he's the only manager I've heard of who just doesn't know how to finish a season without a trophy majority of the time lol

Well United have got away with sub-standard performances more than a few times this season while other clubs have dropped points like Man Utd today against Everton, they have saved many games through last-minute goals etc. so if United win the title this season it will be massively because of the teams never say die attitude and belief rather than any magical performances, obviously their mental fortitude is something all clubs should look to emulate but I can see that United players could become complacent from here on in against smaller teams, today only in the last 20 minutes did United really wake up as usually has been the case this season when they have failed to finish off smaller teams and have usually got a point or 3 points through a last minute assault on the opposition goal

Again I am stating the facts as I see them, this United Team has never looked anything like the 1999 Treble winning Team although their spirit and belief is something worth admiring

Well United have got away with sub-standard performances more than a few times this season while other clubs have dropped points like Man Utd today against Everton, they have saved many games through last-minute goals etc. so if United win the title this season it will be massively because of the teams never say die attitude and belief rather than any magical performances, obviously their mental fortitude is something all clubs should look to emulate but I can see that United players could become complacent from here on in against smaller teams, today only in the last 20 minutes did United really wake up as usually has been the case this season when they have failed to finish off smaller teams and have usually got a point or 3 points through a last minute assault on the opposition goal

Again I am stating the facts as I see them, this United Team has never looked anything like the 1999 Treble winning Team although their spirit and belief is something worth admiring

what facts? united were all over everton for most of the game,only poor decision making meant we didn't convert as many. what smaller teams anyway? we have arsenal chelsea blackburn blackpool. The title could be decided before we even meet a "smaller team"

Our performance was very good. Just we couldn't finish the chances. We were attacking relentlessly and it was too much for Everton to withstand. TBH, we were lot better than what scoreline suggests.

Not really. We were probably at our best in the first half but we didn't score which gave everton a boost. Moyes changed things around at half time and they were much better in the second half. It became a bit of a siege at the end because everton started to settle for the point.

After watching the game i thought maybe Utd looked out of ideas but its just typical Utd. Hernandez really is a talent and i thought it would take him a year or two to get used to English football, well i was wrong lol. I still think Utd will win the title but Chelsea will push them very close.

Today just proved once again that we never give up. Must admit for the first time in a while, going in to the final 20 minutes I couldn't see where a goal was coming from. The introduction of Evra and Giggs was key, really livened us up. Credit to Everton they maybe deserved a point but glad we got all three and keeps us clear of the chasing pack.

Back