Ferguson hails Hernandez's winner

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 14
  • Views Views 893

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Javier Hernandez's late strike in a 2-1 win at Stoke could help kick-start Manchester United's season, says boss Sir Alex Ferguson.

More...

He's a bit brilliant at scoring, isn't he?

Wow, they beat Stoke

Nothing to sniff at. Man Utd aren't in the best form and Stoke at home are formidable. A very good results for them I think.

This Kids will go far, he looks soo hungry and impressive, i doubted him big time at first, how wrong i was. He honestly looked like a hero.

He's just what you want a young player to be like.. hard working, committed, nice, determined and more or less speaks fluent English.. for £7 million so far he looks like he's a real coup.. definitely my favourite player along with Nani at the moment.

This Kids will go far, he looks soo hungry and impressive, i doubted him big time at first, how wrong i was. He honestly looked like a hero.

I don't know how you can doubt him that much before he's even played, and he looked impressive in the World Cup in the few appearances he made. He is the closest thing to Solskjaer we've had since he retired

I think everyones jumping the gun a bit on him atm, granted he's had a couple of good games but that is all it is. He most probably will prove me wrong and go on to score 10-15 goals this season, and good on the lad if he does, but don't get to ahead of yourselves, I've seen players have good starts like this lad and completely flop.

The manner in which he plays the game is like a breath of fresh air to the league though. He gets knocked over and just bounces right back up, unlike the majority of foreigners that come into the prem

I think everyones jumping the gun a bit on him atm, granted he's had a couple of good games but that is all it is. He most probably will prove me wrong and go on to score 10-15 goals this season, and good on the lad if he does, but don't get to ahead of yourselves, I've seen players have good starts like this lad and completely flop.

But why can't we be excited about his potential? He had arrived at Man Utd for a short period of time and had already scored 8 goals for us (including pre-seasons). He scored 2 impressive goals in the World Cup too, not to mention the opposition he scored against (France and Argentina, they can't be too **** can they?). He had also scored 21 goals in 28 games for his former club, proving to us that he can be a consistent scorer. His goals so far consists of left footed shots, right footed shots, headers, his back, back of his head and even his face. Even his style of play is like a breath of fresh air.

Not saying that this guy would be a world class player for sure, but he has all the attributes to be. From what I've seen he also seems to be a decent lad, a humble and hardworking one. There isn't anything wrong for us to be excited about him, right?

He is right in the sense that the pressure and expectation could cause him to flop in the way that say, Francis Jeffers did but it looks unlikely

I don't know how you can doubt him that much before he's even played, and he looked impressive in the World Cup in the few appearances he made. He is the closest thing to Solskjaer we've had since he retired

I wrote him off way before the World cup, which i admit was wrong to do. I feel like a pleb tbh. I just thought, he was un known so couldnt of been that usefil

I think we are allowed to get a bit excited tbh. He has scored the winner in Spain, Scored against chelsea and scored 2 vitals goals against stoke. all of them arent the easy games to get goals in. If he scored all his goals in the carling cup i would understand but these are hard games.

I think Chicharito has a much better personality than Jeffers though. He had an argument with his manager over a payrise after all. He was also injured way too much during his time in Arsenal too.

Let's just hope he doesn't get a serious injury. Players rarely comes back and perform like they used to after that, and younger players might even have their careers ruined.

Francis Jeffers is ****. Even when he was at Sheffield Wednesday the amount of 1v1 and open nets he missed was unbelievable. Anyway back on topic, Hernandez looks like a real good talent, i think he could be key to Man Utd winning the league if Rooney is always injured or in Dubai

Back