Ferguson hails veteran Scholes

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 8
  • Views Views 609

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson pays tribute to Paul Scholes after the veteran masterminded Manchester United's 3-0 victory over Newcastle at Old Trafford.

More...

He was excellent last night. I can't believe he wants to retire when he still dominates Premier League midfields...

He was class above and many times i said, i will say it again, England missed him very much. Sven when you have the Best Mid Field player, you dont shift him to Left wing instead you should build team around him.

His passing was superb and he made lot of forward runs, which was joy to watch. I think he will get few goals this time.

And that pass to Giggs, he didnt even look up. maybe its example of one of his attribute.

Gordon Strachan : "Paul Scholes has been the best England midfield player for 30-odd years. You'd probably have to go back to Bobby Charlton to find someone who could do as much as Scholes. When the ball arrives at his feet he could tell you where every player on that pitch is at that moment. His awareness is superb."

scholes and giggs are just ambassadors for english football, absolute legends.

Shocked that it's only the 4th time in his career that he's won it.

Shocked that it's only the 4th time in his career that he's won it.

I know, I was shocked. Behind Rooney overall! No offence to Rooney, but there can be no doubt that Scholes is the better player.

Back