Ferguson rues 'silly points' lost

• Thread starter Thread starter BBC Sport
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 20
  • Views Views 922

BBC Sport

BBC Sport News Headlines
Reaction score
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson criticises his players for throwing away "silly points" in the 2-2 draw at Fulham on Sunday.

More...

i know its still early days but its always a massive blow to lose points early on.

I guess it was Nani fault for missing that penalty. I was watching it and my father said "he will miss that one" And yes he did miss it. So Fulham just started to attack.

it's not as bad as it seems, last year we lost there, if we had drawn last seasn we would have had the same points as chelsea

Wouldn't say its Nani's fault, its the teams fault for being complacent, but still weird why Giggs didnt take it, didnt even step towards the ball to pick it up oO)

doesn't bother me if im honest, everyone apart from chelsea have dropped points and it wont be long till they drop points anyways, its still early days

people saying its all because of nani well not really it was also the players who were defending the corner aswell because they didnt do a good enough job

Not really Nani's fault (I'm not trying to start an argument here..) but it was hardly like Joe Cole's penalty, it was good placement but just a great save. Craven Cottage is a bogey ground and Hughes is a bogey manager = Lose Lose situation :/

How was it a good penalty, he took no run up and it was no where near the corner, it lacked height as well, these are the easiest types of penalties that keepers can save.

Maybe I need another look at it but when I saw it.. it was right in the bottom corner..

Not all Nani's fault tbh and Man U may ell have lost had Brede Hangeland not scored that own goal,Nani lacked the killer intinct to put the game beyong Fulham's reach with the penalty :)

not really a masive blow at all, 4th season in a row we've dropped points, we always start fairly slowly

United do this every season, they always start slow and then pick up and hit form around Christmas time, just wait.

United do this every season, they always start slow and then pick up and hit form around Christmas time, just wait.
if united are top around christmas, thats when teams should worry, becuase our form after that period tends to be blisteringly good

if united are top around christmas, thats when teams should worry, becuase our form after that period tends to be blisteringly good

yer i couldnt agree more, if utd end up top at the new year then we might aswell hand over the title. thats why we need to be top with hopefully a little gap.

Everytime you blow a lead it hurts. Doesn't matter at all if its the first or 20th game of the season.
Saying "its ok because its early" will just come back to haunt you if you keep thinking like that, all games are equally important.

yer i couldnt agree more, if utd end up top at the new year then we might aswell hand over the title. thats why we need to be top with hopefully a little gap.

You are the nicest and most modest chelsea fan ive ever met lol (well we ent met but you understand)

You are the nicest and most modest chelsea fan ive ever met lol (well we ent met but you understand)

cheers, but like luke has quoted most people wouldn't agree haha.

---------- Post added at 03:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:27 PM ----------

Everytime you blow a lead it hurts. Doesn't matter at all if its the first or 20th game of the season.
Saying "its ok because its early" will just come back to haunt you if you keep thinking like that, all games are equally important.

yer thats a good point but surely if you are going to drop points surely its best to do it in the first 5 games rather than the last 5 games??

Back