Few important questions about players I can't google answers to

chris1428

Reaction score
I'm using 4-2-3-1 tactic with 2 inside forwards, but it's not the case.
1. I have 2 strikers to choose, first is only one footed but has CA 4.5/5, second is both footed but has CA 4/5. Which one is better?
2. I'm using Advanced striker in my tactic. First striker is Advanced striker and has CA 4/5, second is target man but has CA 4.5/5, should I use advanced striker or let target man playing as target man?
3. First AMC is both footed and has CA 4/5, second is only one footed but has CA 4.5/5, which one is better?
4. Left footed MC has CA only 3/5, second right footed MC has 4/5, third right footed MC has 3.5/5, should I use right footed MC as MCL or left footed MC with lower CA should play there only because he is left footed?
5. Same with DCL, should I use better right footed player, or weaker left footed?

I will start by saying two things.

First, I don't pay a lot of attention to what foot a player uses for players in the spine of the team. If they play down the middle, I've just never cared. I pay a bit more attention if they play wide, as it impacts how they will play wide. I've read someone post about which central defender should go where, based on footed-ness... and the consensus from a lot of FMers is that it didn't make a huge difference. Not saying no one cares - there may be some who give it major weight in a decision. But a lot of us do not and it seems to work just fine.

Second, I don't pay a lot of attention to the star ratings. They are misleading. It doesn't really tell how good the player truly is. Same with the role rating circles. Both can be helpful, but they aren't truly going to tell you what you need to know about that particular player. His attributes and PPMS tell the story much better. As the manager, you need to assess which player fits what you are trying to do to a greater extent. I might have a 4 star striker but if he's a small, creative, dribbling striker who is a creator rather than a finisher, and that might not at all fit what my tactic wants/needs. Am I better off player him instead of a 2-star big striker who perfectly fits what I need from the position? Obviously the 2 star player allows the team to play better. Just looking at who is "better" and picking based on that is what creates tactical problems.

So, based on those two factors, the answer to all 5 questions is going to be the same... whichever of the players better suits what you want and need out of the position. It doesn't make any tactical sense at all to play a creative player who lacks defensive attributes as a Ball Winning Mid just because they have the foot preference you want, etc etc etc. If the players are a very similar, there will be small differences that can give your reason to pick them for a given match - more physical, better pace, different PPM, etc.

Yeah, really - look at the attributes and decide who can do what based on that.