fewer teams in english leagues

• Thread starter Thread starter taiiio
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2K

taiiio

Reaction score
Hi,

I tried to edit the DB, because I wanted to play a lower league team in england, but I feel that 24 teams in a league is too much. So I started to edit the coca cola leagues, and blue square premier so that they hold only 20 teams. So I relegated the 4 least reputed teams to coca cola league 1, then the 8 least reputed teams to coca cola league 2 etc. But when trying to start a new game using those changes, I can't select anymore the english championship because those leagues only have 20 teams registered out of 24 teams needed. Since I don't want to rewrite all the competitions in the editor because I'm affraid of messing up, I simply tried to edit the eng.xml file located in C:\Program Files\Sports Interactive\Football Manager 2010\tools\editor\data\basic comps\ to change the amount of needed teams in those leagues to 20. But those changes still didn't allowed me to start a new game with the changes I made to the DB.

What can I do to make it work ?? Even better, is there such a DB that ever been created ?

Thanks

Last edited:
You need to change the nations rules, when in the editor load your database and your editor data, then click Add Nation Rules, select England and edit some settings if you will or just press Accept or Proceed or whatever, then, go to the left and select Leagues and a large empty space will appera with the button Add as the only aviable option on it, press it. Now a new window will appear and you will have to select Single Division and Next, now select Coca-Cola Championship and press Next and change relegation/promotion places to 3 on each and add competition. Now Coca-Cola Championship becomes aviable under the League drop-down menu to the left, select it from the drop-down menu. go in there and edit the number of teams to your desired amount. And repeat for the lower tiers. Good luck.

Thanks for the reply.

But doing so, I have to manually add the premiership, coca cola leagues, blue square premier, all the cups and manually set all details (money prizes, rules) for all those competitions, and I'm afraid it would turn out to a unrealistic, unbalanced championship. There is no other way to just set the number of required teams in the leagues I would like to change, without modifying all the competitions in England ?

I would also want an answer to do this. I tried that but realized that every other league also needs amending. =/

Back