FFP Question

millwall888

Reaction score
hoping somebody can help me but I think I am screwed!!!

I have just started a career with Millwall. Its only October and the board have told me I am projected to lose 2.99 million by the end of the season. This is obviously very close the the 3 million mark.

My biggest worry is that i havent yet offered new contracts which are due to expire at the end of the season. Some of them are key players and their agents alone will want £££. This will surely put me over the 3 mill mark....

What, if anything can I do!?!?

Use the January window to offload some high earners and try to bring in some money.

hoping somebody can help me but I think I am screwed!!!

I have just started a career with Millwall. Its only October and the board have told me I am projected to lose 2.99 million by the end of the season. This is obviously very close the the 3 million mark.

My biggest worry is that i havent yet offered new contracts which are due to expire at the end of the season. Some of them are key players and their agents alone will want £££. This will surely put me over the 3 mill mark....

What, if anything can I do!?!?

Use the January window to offload some high earners and try to bring in some money.

Yes, do as Brendn said, sell some high-earning players in January and try to bring some players who will earn lessbut that can help you achieve the same things if possible. What is your season expectations and what position are you now ?

Will give that ago. Will be gutted if I can't keep my players out of contract. Trying to push a few players out for next to nothing but there isn't any interest!

My expectation is mid table and I am currently 5th.

i have signed that Belarusian guy Pavel (can't remember his second name). He's a wonder kid, but has no work permit...but because I already asked for a feeder club (got a domestic one) before I signed him - I don't have the option currently with the board to loan him out abroad. I suppose I could try to sell him, his value has gone up dramatically without a single game.

Will give that ago. Will be gutted if I can't keep my players out of contract. Trying to push a few players out for next to nothing but there isn't any interest!

My expectation is mid table and I am currently 5th.

i have signed that Belarusian guy Pavel (can't remember his second name). He's a wonder kid, but has no work permit...but because I already asked for a feeder club (got a domestic one) before I signed him - I don't have the option currently with the board to loan him out abroad. I suppose I could try to sell him, his value has gone up dramatically without a single game.

Being in 5th position is quite well give the season expectations, so you probably should be safe in case of selling high profile players who earn a lot of money. This is the only advise I can give to you. Besides that, you should try to preserve your position in the league. What I mean is that you should probably try to play more cautios if you lose some of your better players. Dont loose unnecesary points if possible and you should be fine.

Thank you.

I think the answer get rid of the dead wood, and really review who I should offer a contract to for next season...agents take the **** though!! they ask for more than by transfer budget!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't worry too much about FFP. On my Bolton game I had a big hole to fill for FFP straight away at start of season and it was getting bigger each month. I managed to negotiate a lot of cheaper contracts for players to help a bit.

Then around Christmas time the board injected a couple of million quid to keep the club from getting penalised by FFP

cheaper contracts!? How did you manage that mate? Everytime I have offered contracts the players/agents are greedy - cant imagine they would settle for a cut! Did you have a conversation with them about the FFP?

Fingers crossed the board do, not going to spend anthing for the rest of the season! They have cut my transfer revenue to 40% anyway haha

cheaper contracts!? How did you manage that mate? Everytime I have offered contracts the players/agents are greedy - cant imagine they would settle for a cut! Did you have a conversation with them about the FFP?

Fingers crossed the board do, not going to spend anthing for the rest of the season! They have cut my transfer revenue to 40% anyway haha

Around half the players I offered contracts to asked for less money to start with. Then I just tried to knock the others down to as little as I could before the agent lost his temper and left.

Its a zero transfer budget with Bolton anyway so could barely buy anyone to get in any more FFP debt haha

Back