• Thread starter Thread starter MrTini23
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1K

MrTini23

Premium
Reaction score
vBhhM2Q.png

And if you know your history (Everton 03/04)

GfB42jm.png

Last edited:
sportheader.png

Last Updated: 3rd August 2011

LUCAS HANDS IN TRANSFER REQUEST

lucas1.png

0,,10278~5764302,00.gif
0,,10278~5764303,00.gif
0,,10278~5764305,00.gif
0,,10278~5764301,00.gif

Liverpool midfielder Lucas Leiva has confirmed that he has handed in a transfer request after declaring that he is unhappy with the amount of competition for places at Anfield.

"I have handed in a transfer request, whether it is accepted or not I will not be here for the Premier League kick off this season. I have enjoyed my time here since the first day but I don't think I can do it any longer. I have given my all every game but now there are too many players in my position. I need to be playing first team football and I don't think that will happen here".

"My reasons for leaving are to further my own career. I want to be playing football week in and week out, not sitting on the bench in the middle of November. I'd like to thank the Liverpool fans. They've been very supportive since I began in the first team and it's because of them I've been here so long and never wanted to leave. I've had a fantastic time here, fantastic moments and I'm saddened that it's coming to an end."

Liverpool have also confirmed that John Flanagan and Jay Spearing will play at Fratton Park this season as the two join Portsmouth on loan till the end of the season.

Back