Is there actually a tactic that is consistent for more than 3 4 years...

Uygar89

Reaction score
All I see people posting screenshots from the first season, when indeed the very first season is always the easiest one. I have created so many tactics which helped me to get a top 4 spot with teams like Brighton and Southampton in the first season. However, on the very next season I often was at a point where I almost got sacked. It seems like, especially this year, the AI is now answering to your success with even more attacking style. I could observe it so many times that 19th and 20th place Brentfords, Crystal Palaces, Watfords played ridiculous high pressure tactics, closing down every single passing option when my GK wanted to actually play a short pass to build the game. In previous FMs, you often faced the issue that teams sat deeper and deeper the more success you had. Now, they become more attacking and this is actually very hard as you can rarely build up a game from the back. I bet none of these uploaded tactics work as effectively as they used to after the first season These tactics have all so many players on attack duty and play out of defence TIs, I just cant really belive that they are working consistenly...

I think there is, at least in my experience.

I always struggle to find a good tactic at the beginning of each FM, but when I find the right one, I never change it, at most I change a few instructions or the mentality depending on the opponent.
Maybe what you say happen with some tactics, especially those that are very weird or that only have one attacking or defensive plan. When I play with 3 at back for example, I start scoring a lot because of the wingbacks and the forwards, but after a while I stop being effective offensively. If you play with one less attacker (5212), the AI always creates superiority and it's harder to score. If you play with one less defender (3412), they score more goals. If you play with one less midfielder (442), the same on the mildfield.

BUT, if you find an ideal tactic (433 in my case), you can maintain infinite regularity, bc you can play against any kind of team

Yeah i developed a tactic that i used for years on fm22 that took me from wolves to Leicester were i won everything in 2 seasons to at. Madrid and won everything, then moved to gladbach won everything there and then moved on to fc twente and won the league twice, i then moved into ac Milan and created a new tactic where i came 2nd in 1st season and since then i have dominated the Italian league now going 133 matches unbeaten in the league won 3 Italian supercups, 3 Italian cups, 1 champions league which included the best run I've had in the champions league and 3 serie A out of 4 including creating all new attacking and defensive serie a records

So yeah it is possible to make a tactic that can last past the 1st season

Tactic can perform best or worst depending of players and AI (being weak or strong). Always choose players with high key attributes (attributes matters - not stars).

for me there is and the zaz blue tactic is the best i tried most of their tactics and its consistent even use clubs from singapore and still get good result thanks to zaz blue

Reactions: ZaZ
I’ve been using RDF Man City 22/23 tactic, European domination. wasn’t sure it would work but Used it on my Newcastle save. Currently in 2025 and just won league. Been getting closer each season. I lost to Man U in CL final on pens. I do pick up a lot of yellows though and players get tired because of all the pressing So it’s something I have to keep an eye on so reducing that and dropping defensive line back to standard against the top teams. Still a great tactic though.

I have like 3 or 4 latest tactics posted here that are like hard to get sacked. My latest 433 barca style works with every big team and apart from french cup i won everything with psg 3 times in a row. I always lost cup because of heavy rotation and players unmotivated. I won ucl supercups league with 100+ points. And my best striker is yussuf poulsen. I mean you can have 3 or more tactics 433 4231 and lets say 343 that always cover your back and the game is easy then just rotafe between them depending of opposition. I mean the game is super easy. If someone can take vanarama team into prem in 6-7 seasons something is not right.

for me there is and the zaz blue tactic is the best i tried most of their tactics and its consistent even use clubs from singapore and still get good result thanks to zaz blue
I tried that for 3 years with Newcastle and won everything in one season. I have Haaland and sesko up front so that helped but yes it’s a awesome tactic. I’ve read about people using all different types of teams, good average and poor and doing well.

Last edited:
I played fm 11 and 12 series with your tactics for a long time. I got very good results with your tactics in fm 18 and fm 20. I was with the Ankaragucu team in each of them. In some series, transfer is prohibited and the weakest team in the top league, while in some series it is a lower team. As the average team of the league, I struggled to get to the top league. I got this series late because I had a very good career in fm20 with your v2 tactic. I'm with Ankaragucu again on FM22. I've never touched tactics, I just used the right players while going from the lower league to the top league and the results were very good. Thank you.

I've got a save with Rochdale which has used the same tactic 433 from League 2 to the Premiership (it did take 4 seasons to get out of the Championship and 2 to escape League 1) where the team has improved season on season. As the club doesn't have much money I've had to be 'creative' with transfers by signing cast off youngsters from bigger clubs, promoting from within and concentrating on getting players for the positions rather than looking at how 'good' someone is supposed to be. How long I will be able to keep going with the buy cheap sell high system whilst continuing to improve is debateable but I'm having fun trying. The same tactic however, doesn't work for other teams with 'better' players, finding what works and sticking with it is half the fun I find.