Finally found a system

waynethickett

Reaction score
In my first save as Arsenal and found myself unbeaten in pre-season. Man City though ripped me apart in the community shield and so begun a run of matches which saw me only win twice in my first 12 matches in all competitions. Unceremoniously dumped out of the capital one cup, and in the bottom half of the league something had to change and I am now unbeaten in 7 having won 5 of the those.

I have ave only two injuries in the squad at the moment the least on this save so far and neither are first teamers. I changed from a wide attacking 4.2.3.1 to a more narrow 4.1.2.3:

GK: Sczeszny
RB: Debuchy (Attacking Full Back)
CB: Mertesacker
CB: Koscielny
LB: Gibbs (Attacking Full Back)
DM: Wanyama (Defensive Midfielder)
CM: Ramsey (Box to Box Midfielder)
CM: Ozil (Attacking Roaming Midfielder)
FWD: Welbeck (Supporting Deep Lying Forward left side)
FWD: Giroud (Complete Forward centre)
FWD: Bony (Attacking Deep Lying Forward right side)

Subs: Ospina (gk), Chambers, Wilshere, Cazorla, Oxlade Chamberlain, Walcott, Sanchez

The only issue I have is that there are no wide roles for ox or Walcott, Sanchez being on the bench is more because of the form of the other front three, Giroud, Welbeck, Sanchez and Bony all scored between 5 and 10 goals each. Instructing Gibbs and Debuchy to attack and freeing them up to get forward by dropping Wanyama into a deeper defending role has seen them pick up POM in several recent matches after Gibbs had averaged a very low 6.4 over first 10-12 matches. Need to play a bigger team soon and test its effectiveness against someone of a similar calibre but for now I'll enjoy the wins.

As it turned out I haven't found an system, my team throw away leagues like no other team I have ever had on any football manager. Really struggled well into March and other managers state how I should be relieved of command and yet the board are satisfied. In tenth but only 5 points off fourth place. Really puzzled as to what needs changing now

Back