Finances a struggle every season

• Thread starter Thread starter kanew7869
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 5
  • Views Views 1K

kanew7869

Reaction score
Can some one please provide me with some help.

Every year i go in to a minis figure (Thurrock in BSS). I do everything i think i can. Play a couple of big teams in the pre season frendlys and keep the wage buget low but by the end of the season im normally about -120,000... is there anything else i can do?

Sell players, dont spend much, dont upgrade facilities, dont improve stadium, buy players on free, do ur best in fa, jpt and any other cups, get promoted, get a rich parent club, get players on loan of them. A few sugestions

Maybe your board will secure a loan to pay back over a certain time. That will allow a bit more spending so you can get promoted and start getting that money back.
In one of my FM10 games the board had managed to get a gift loan of 80mil to be payed back only in months of profit.

In other words, you shouldn't really worry about your overall financial problems, only worry about your budgets. The board has given you othe budget for you to spend, let them handle the rest of the finance. The only problem with this approch is that the board may go over your head and sell a player...

Something I've been working on with the team I'm managing, I'm in season 6 now but I can't reach the play-off's in the Blue Square Premier.

I've not been a success at it but I feel it is improving you just don't see it..

Low wages, for example I took gambles on two Northern Irish strikers in the Blue Square Premier. Together, there wages are £320. They aren't good enough for this league but they do the job and hit the 20 marks. A consistent performer as a striker will help you in this way.

Being in the Blue Square South, non-contract terms however are the best for you. I'm talking very agreeable fees, not £700 for appearance.

The FA Trophy and FA Cup rake in a good amount of money for you if you can reach certain rounds. You need to do well in these competitions as I relied on the FA Trophy money when I lost in the semi-final and it delivered me a good amount of money to sort my finances out for the next season, despite me still making a loss. The Blue Square League money is poor but ending as high as possible is enough.

Get rid of a few higher earners, especially if they are on contract with their contract to run out within a year. Loan deals from League 2/Blue Square Premier sides, most likely their reserves offering 0% on wages, £0 on fee etc. Your aloud to play up to 5 in one league match (I think) so that will boost your finance that instead of having 5 players on the wage books you'll have 5 players for free who perform at a higher standard from a higher division.

Don't get a loan. I don't know how to but I don't recommend it. The board injecting money is one thing but if they keep injecting you need to reduce fees significantly as if they start to run out of money because lack of profit, you'll end up with a -10 point deduction and administration. A loan isn't the best to get especially if you mess up for example miss out on promotion you can put yourself in the gutter. Stick to what you have and work with it.

I have a feeder club. The board should of really got you one but if you don't have one you can request it via. the board and at the end of each season they'll help towards money.

Gaining results is most important due to tickets. If you can improve your league ranking it will boost ticket sales to help you slightly.

Hope some of this helps or re-considers your thinking over how your club is ran.

Thats great information people - thanks. Maybe i shouldnt worry so much about the finances, at the end of the day i am only using what is given to me. I shall see how i get on. Thanks alot though.

Back