Finances Question

• Thread starter Thread starter FM2014Fan
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 15
  • Views Views 2K

FM2014Fan

Reaction score
I started my new save file with a -409k projected budget and was wondering since i started in June 13th should i schedule 7-9 pre-season games against top teams at home to help lower that projected budget?

sorry my bad apvmoreira i should have mentioend im Guiseley in the Vanarama North using the new updated verison of FM15 from yesterday 15.2.0

its good for finances, bad for morale

Depending on your seating capacity, may not be worth the drop in morale before you even begin the season. You could mitigate that somewhat with teamtalk, but only so much.

If you can get a bigger profile team to link up with you as a parent club, that would be better financially I think. Usually you get one friendly against them per year you get to keep all revenues, without paying them the usual fee (if I'm not mistaken), which can be substantial for bigger teams. If you schedule a friendly against a big non affiliated team at a small stadium, you might even be losing money. Plus, parent teams pay annual fees to feeder clubs so that's extra revenue there.

Last edited:
Capacity 3000 seated 500 seated

Parent club is Leeds United FC

I Donno where to find out if we get revenue from them I know it's just 12.5 for kit sponsorship that's it

I Donno where to find out if we get revenue from them I know it's just 12.5 for kit sponsorship that's it

Go to the affiliate screen instead. F11 (team information) -> affiliates. The description should have all the details, including any fees. For instance, I have a team in the Championship, but I'm still linked to the same parent team (Stoke, EPL) I inherited when my team was in L1, they pay me around 50k pounds. Not game changing money, but definitely can help considering it costs you nothing and all the obligations are on the parent team.

With a parent team in the Championship you won't get as much, but if your capacity is only 3,000 this might be more profitable than gate receipts of a friendly (especially after paying the opponent). See how much you get, net of that payment, and decide if it'll be worth the morale drop.

Regardless of what you do with those friendlies, I'd ask the board for more parent teams. Like I said, fee-less home friendlies against them can be quite profitable in addition to the annual fee.

If I get more parent clubs will that fee automatically be assigned... Am I better off having 2-3 friendies against my parent clubs and a few others again weak clubs for a total of 7-9 friendies

Try to mix it up with games against big teams(financial benefits) and smaller teams, where you actually have a chance to win the games(moral benefits), that way you create a win-win situation :)

What u think? If I'm vcn guiseley try for vanarama conference teams or go as high as next league up? Then challenge teams in North and south as well

View attachment 725252

Thats a screenshot... am i better offer keeping that because there is no feed or get a second parent club or two

Definitely mix up some easier friendlies as well. As for your current affiliation, I'd keep it unless the board won't allow another parent club, in which case, cancel and see if you can get one that pays.

What u think? If I'm vcn guiseley try for vanarama conference teams or go as high as next league up? Then challenge teams in North and south as well

Well you have to decide..against a bigger team, you get more ticket revenue, but you also have to pay a higher fee. See if the difference in net revenue justifies playing a tougher game.

Last edited:
someone told me that you could only have one parent club.. what i am confused about is someone also mentioned that you can make money or fees off that club some how. with me playing as Guiseley i sent to go search for a parent club and minor club how ever u want to call it and it says in the board section it was cancelled and that none were found and that the topic isnt avail in board request...

a) i figure you can only ask one time a season and b) i default have Leeds as my parent club with no annual fee... With them being sky bet championship what are the chances of me releasing them as my parent club and getting a new parent club. If i do release them will i only end up with a team from the same league or could i eventually add a higher up league.

c) what do u mean i get more ticket revenue but i have to pay a higher fee... so i get lots of money from the higher end coming to our club but I have to pay them a big amount of money for them to come to our pitch to play us?

I told you you can make fees off parent clubs, and you definitely can. And unless it's been changed this year, I'm pretty sure you can have more than 1 parent club.

a) I don't know if it's strictly once a season, but if they just told you they couldn't find a club, I'm sure they won't take another request for a while

b) Chances are, you're more likely to get a parent club in the next league up, but I've seen clubs with parent clubs that are 2 leagues above them (mine did too when I started there)

c) You play a bigger team, the fans are willing to pay more money, so you get more ticket revenue. But bigger teams alsp demand more participation fee, if you will, for playing in that friendly. All I was saying, is don't only look at the revenue increase, but also factor in the higher fee you have to pay, so that you can decide based on the net profit (ticket revenue less the fee)

Every time I've asked for a parent club when I already had one, the new club I accepted as parent club replaced the old one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back