Finances.

• Thread starter Thread starter lander520
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 1K

lander520

Reaction score
Hi, my name is Chris and as you can gather it's my first post on these forums (hopefully first of many i've skulked about on here for years)

To cut to the chase though, i'm currently in my second season with Newcastle and even though I was taken over at the halfway point last season the clubs finances are still in a terrible state, and to be honest, i've never really focussed on that side of the game, I've always been more of a wanderer from job to job after 1 maybe 1.5 seasons, so I've no idea how to manage it properly, I was hoping you could offer me some advice on how to best manage my clubs finances as i'd quite like to play this save for a while.

Well firstly you want to see how much your repayments total per month, and ensure you can afford this amount, either by selling to finance your club or otherwise. This is of course if you have outstanding loans you need to pay off, which I assume you do.

Then, you need to find out if you're paying out money for players in installments, because this can add up to a large amount if you aren't prepared for it.

If you're having trouble with your finances, offload some of your players with higher wages if they aren't performing well enough, and replace them with younger talent who don't expect so much money per week. You can get your finances into a really healthy state just by taking the time to throw away any dead weight at the club.

Good luck anyway, and welcome to the forums.

Thanks for the fast reply, I will attempt to reduce the wage bill as much as I can at the end of the current season, I was lucky enough to get Burdisso on a free so bye byes Coloccini on 78k a week! I've been cutting away the deadwood and sending as many players i don't need out on loan as I can too, almost 2 years in charge now and i've still never had to give Joey Barton a look.

Lol, yeah I expect that did cut it a fair bit, removing 78k a week... ouch.

Yeah, just do what you can in regards to cutting the wages, and just try and cover your loans. Eventually it'll be more comfortable for you, and if you get into the premiership, your revenue will increase.

Back