Financial Control

• Thread starter Thread starter Riddick87
  • Start date Start date
  • Replies Replies 3
  • Views Views 2K

Riddick87

Reaction score
I realise my question would be best pointed towards everton, a team ran truly like a business, but they don't know the ins and outs of fm10!

With fleetwood fast approaching the premiership, i'm doing my best to understand the parts of the game that had previously escaped me. My current situation is throwing out i may sit in the championship for a fair few seasons before reaching the sweet nectar that is the premier league, but money has, for the first time since a 16million injection from a new chairman, become an issue. I have a transfer budget of 5 million, which is very good considering the situation, but a club balance of 6 million, and a loan debt of 12.25 million, due to the building of a new stadium, in 2 years time(which will only hold a couple of thousand more folk).

I dont want to run this club into financial ruin, but income is tight due to a 10,000 seater stadium. I have good control over wages, and refuse to pay over the odds for any player, but i just want to know if there is other ways to rake in some other funds, which are nearly desperatly needed. Any help would be great, thanks!

One thing I try an do is insisting on a 50% sell on clause when you get rid of players. Sometimes I'd sell someone for say £5m then a couple of months later the other club will offer to sell the 50% clause for maybe another £3-4m. One example was when I was at Hearts. Sold Gary Glen to Man City for £5m then sold the clause a while later for another £4m so ended up getting £9m for a player that was only worth about £4m!

erm u can try doing freindly competitions pre season but dont know how much you would make with only a 10,000 seater

A lot of my friendlies are with bigger teams, but the income isnt really worth it, but it boosts a little, i keep trying to cram them in but end up injuring key players because theyve been playing every 2 days!

As for sell on clauses, i plan to put that up when i sell players, but the problem being my only players worth selling, if i didnt have i'd get relegated! I have a parent club from which i get so much a year, but my board won't let me have more than one, is there anyone to get them to change their minds?

Thanks for the feedback, gonna try getting bigger teams for freindlies, instead of celtic i'll try for chelsea, barca n so on, and gonna try and trim the players a bit, see if i can sell and buy a cheaper alternative!

the road to financial ruin is grim!

Last edited:
Back