readie81

Reaction score
Hi,

I' in my 2nd season as Man Utd, I have around £23 million left in the transfer budget and am towards the end of December.

I'm on course to pass financial fair play by losses as we should post a profit. However whilst I am in the wage structure for the board, I'm predicted to fail financial fair play on wages. In particular I think this is to do with % wage increases.

Question is how to g on the right side of these again. Is it a case of checking all players with a % increase and maybe offering them a new contract without a yearly % increase in wages or would selling high earning fringe players work.

Bit of a weird one as I mainly look at transfer budget and wage budget.

Thanks

I had that in past saves.

Sell backups with the highest wages and replace them by wonderkids with low wages

As above but also make sure you don't offer yearly wage increases (you may end up with higher initial basic wage requests but stick to your guns most players will accept a contract if you haggle).

As above but also make sure you don't offer yearly wage increases (you may end up with higher initial basic wage requests but stick to your guns most players will accept a contract if you haggle).

Agree with this - I hate giving players an automatic pay increase as even 10% on a low-ish £80k p/w contract builds up over the term of a 4 or 5 year contract.

Cheers all for that. Will go through the automatic wage increases and get rid of them and get rid of the backups and get some wonderkids in

Also don't worry so much if at the beginning of the season if you are predicted to fail (especially with bigger clubs like United, Barca etc) the profits made over the season will clear any wage ffp problems.

I always aim for objective clauses to raise/pay more wages, like goals, appearances, etc.

This way, backup players will have very high retributions if they play and low wages if they keep not playing, which is their role as backups, :D:D.

Same for kids, plus having the +3 years contract clause always to keep them for 8 years in the team, without worrying about unhappiness.